Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Solved]IS this DOable?

Hey guys.

I used this tutorial . For my character Comlink/Portrait feature in my project.
    The problem is that I can only use one scene capture 2D actor at a time. when I need to switch between talking characters, I have to use Matinee to move the camera from one skeletal mesh to another as I animate them,...Which...Is ...CLUNKY. I could like to have a scene capture 2d actor for every character and switch between them in matinee. Unfortunately, there is only one RTT texture (from that tutorial), which makes it impossible., seeing as texture trender targets are assigned to Scene render actors and not the other way around.
    Is it possible to script a custom track in matinee, that will switch Render texture targets from one scene capture actor to another?

Pls respond and other suggestions are welcome.

I guess what I should be asking is that, it it possible to switch a texture render target between scene capture 2d actors with matinee?

Comment

I gave what I suggested in the UI Render To Texture thread a try and it worked.

The important part is this: SetString("source", "img://" $ PathName(<Your RTT>));

You could probably swap out a non-UILoaded object too, provided you new what it was looking for as a source ("img", "image" or something).

I haven't tried that yet.

Comment

THanks, man. will see if I can figure that out.

Comment

YAY!!!I fifured a way around it!

Comment

purging
            your message to at least 10 characters.

Comment

Well my new method is not much better. I'm using 2 render texture 2d actors. I have a material with a scalar parameter that allows me to switch between the render texture and a 'panning text' texture using matinee. That material is applied to a plane and I have another render texture 2d actor pointed at the plane. When move the first cam from one actor to the other I switch the scalar parameter to the text, then when it gets to the actor, I switch it to the rtt. Let me know if you want more intel.

Comment

Working...
              X