Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Creating a Scaleform HUD - updated tutorial for July 2012 Beta

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating a Scaleform HUD - updated tutorial for July 2012 Beta

Below you'll find a new tutorial for creating a working Scaleform HUD. I recently began working on this HUD project, and during my research I came across a number of tutorials that were of exceptional quality, but a bit outdated. Many of the tutorials I found were a few years old at best, operating on deprecated code from previous builds of UDK. It took a few hours of research to figure out how to make it the UnrealScript work with a more current version of UDK. During that research I found a few threads on this very forum where other people had run into the same issue, so I figured I'd shoot a couple quick videos and put it all together in a fancy presentation for your perusal.

You can check it out at the link below:

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1DwvsNnM7B-E7Ggg0N6qeVj7wuFOTtWMH-I63vk-x5H8/pub?start=false&loop=false&delayms=3000

Scaleform_HUD_Tutorial

Enjoy!

Please let me know if I should add anything, or if I should elaborate more efficiently on a subject.

Thank you!

Comment

Can you provide materials to see how to "import" properly the custom .uc classes in UDK :?

Comment

Originally posted by altras View Post
        Can you provide materials to see how to "import" properly the custom .uc classes in UDK :?
        .uc scripts have to be compiled when UDK launches( or cooked in front-end), and it only checks certain places... so the short answer is you don't import them... you copy them into the correct place on your hard drive.

you can put them in one of the classes directory or in a sub-folder of it. By default this is in the UDK install directory > the version you installed(or custom name if you did not include the sample game) > Development > Src > engine or UTGAME > Classes

so if you installed the July 2012 beta version on Windows the folder you are looking for is by deafult "C:\UDK\UDK-2012-07\Development\Src\UTGame\Classes"

in a perfect world your project would be clean, organized, and carefully set up; however if you put the classes any where in the src folder UDK will attempt to compile it next time you launch the editor.

hope this helps.

Magnetomage

Comment

Working...
        X