Very Important

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm So Sorry for this statement and thanks lot about answering me
    But I wrote this statement Because I know A person who will take my game to game producer and this person waited me sooo along time So, I try to finish my game to send it to him
    So. I'm so Sorry
    And I will try in my Game to finish

I live in Egypt and you know that Game Design not famous or supported in where So, this will be big chance to enter this field which I adore

Thanks

Comment

So it also isn't that popular around here as well

Anyway, I don't think it's a good idea to send something like this for a full game. It's a UT game. You haven't got any custom game types yet, and you haven't even changed the Cathode player model

If this is just prototype, it would be alright

Comment

First this game is prototype
        Second I can't change game type because I did't find game type to change because there is only gametype for pie only as in photo

Comment

have you tried some beginner's tutorials? on those tutorials you will learn how to define your custom game type in the config (ini) files, then you can choose it, if you want, in the world info properties, but when you create and set the game type in your config files you don't need to choose it for each level that you make.

Comment

Please .. I tried with hourences.com tutorial of Game type and did the steps that found but
            In Editor game type not found only game type for pie
            the site : http://www.hourences.com/an-entire-simple-udk-game/
            I nead to know what is the fault???
            my UDK Version is : August 2010... Is the version is the problem???

Comment

look for the config folder under UDKGame and check the file called DefaultUDKGame.ini and modify this

Code:
              [Engine.GameInfo]
              DefaultGame=Mazes.MazesInfo
              DefaultServerGame=Mazes.MazesInfo
              PlayerControllerClassName=Mazes.MazesPlayerController
              DefaultGameType="Mazes.MazesInfo";
              you need to look to DefaultGame.ini

Code:
              [Engine.GameInfo]
              GameDifficulty=+1.0
              MaxPlayers=4
              +DefaultMapPrefixes=(Prefix="DM",bUsesCommonPackage=FALSE,GameType="UTGame.UTDeathmatch")
              +DefaultMapPrefixes=(Prefix="CTF",bUsesCommonPackage=FALSE,GameType="UTGameContent.UTCTFGame_Content")
              +DefaultMapPrefixes=(Prefix="VCTF",bUsesCommonPackage=FALSE,GameType="UTGameContent.UTVehicleCTFGame_Content")
              +DefaultMapPrefixes=(Prefix="MZ",bUsesCommonPackage=FALSE,GameType="Mazes.MazesInfo")
              just to let you know the name before the dot is your project folder and the name after the dot your file name, hope this help you

Comment

Just an advice, daimaku, you should highlight the parts that are edited and can be changed into our own set of codes, because... I know well that 'Mazes.MazesInfo' and 'Mazes.MazesPlayerController' are so not included in UDK, and were your own codes, but some other people might not. Sooo, like this :

Code:
                [Engine.GameInfo]
                GameDifficulty=+1.0
                MaxPlayers=4
                +DefaultMapPrefixes=(Prefix="DM",bUsesCommonPackage=FALSE,GameType="UTGame.UTDeathmatch")
                +DefaultMapPrefixes=(Prefix="CTF",bUsesCommonPackage=FALSE,GameType="UTGameContent.UTCTFGame_Content")
                +DefaultMapPrefixes=(Prefix="VCTF",bUsesCommonPackage=FALSE,GameType="UTGameContent.UTVehicleCTFGame_Content")
                +DefaultMapPrefixes=(Prefix="MZ",bUsesCommonPackage=FALSE,GameType="Mazes.MazesInfo")

Comment

sorry, i forgot to say that, thanks Handepsilon

Comment

thanks lot for you
                    I will try

Comment

I tried but nothing
                      I will show you what I did
                      the result : game type for PIE only and Game Type not found
                      Photos of UDKGame.ini - DefaultGameUDK.ini - DefaultGame.ini

Comment

Something's disturbing me on the example : Try removing the quotes on DefaultGameType

Comment

I tried but nothing
                          So, I need to spawn vehicle after player died and fire because In my normal map in my version If player died and pawn again the vehicles not fire
                          How to spawn vehicles again and fire if player start is died???

Comment

Wait, wait. Let's deal with one problem first before advancing. You can't get too rushed.

It still can't find your gametype?

Comment

clever20 have you edited your ini files with the udk editor closed and after that your udk editor is still not showing your custom game type ?

i'm asking because in the pictures i can see that you have your ini files open and the udk editor too, just asking to let you know that you can't edit the ini files with the editor open.

Comment

first, the pictures you find that after i closed UDK and edit then open UDK to see the results which is noting then I had this pictures to show you what I edited
                                second, Game Type isn't found
                                third, If I don't want to change game type ..... If the player start is died and spawn agian the vehicles that in the map not firing Why??? this is photo of my kismet (spawn vehicles and fire) see it and comment.

Comment

Working...
                                X