• Show
Clear All

Texture Render Targets Scaleform Issue

Code:
    class ExampleScreen extends Actor placeable
    	ClassGroup(Example);

/** This will be the flash movie that this actor plays. */
    var() noclear SwfMovie ScreenMovie;
    /** This will be the green screen texture onto which the ScreenMovie projects. */
    var ExampleTextureRenderTarget2D ScreenTexture;
    /** The flash player to play the flash movie. */
    var ExampleScreenPlayer ESP; // Extends from GFxMoviePlayer, just has an extra function that overrides Start() to call both super.Start() and Advance(0).
    /** The static mesh actor which will have the flash movie playing on it. */
    var StaticMeshComponent EScreen;
    /** To be able to add the flash movie to the actor, I have to be able to manipulate the material interface. */
    var MaterialInstanceConstant EMIC;

event PostBeginPlay()
    {
    	super.PostBeginPlay();

ESP = new class'ExampleScreenPlayer';
    	ESP.SetMovieInfo(ScreenMovie);
            // This is a wrapper class to TextureRenderTarget2D to change RT's SizeX and SizeY each to 512 (because they're both "const"), as well as changing the Format enum default to PF_Format=A8R8G8B8 (I'm trying to recreate the "green screen" render targets you see when they're created in the editor.)
    	ScreenTexture = new class'ExampleTextureRenderTarget2D';

// Adopting the same method in Uscript that Matt Doyle does via kismet and the editor in his videos.
            //   Except using unrealscript instead of "Open GFx Movie" kismet.
    	ESP.RenderTexture = ScreenTexture;
    	ESP.RenderTextureMode = RTM_AlphaComposite;
    	EMIC = new class'MaterialInstanceConstant';
    	EMIC.SetParent(EScreen.GetMaterial(0));
    	EScreen.SetMaterial(0, EMIC);
            // The material is only a texture parameter node that plugs directly into the emissive slot.
            //    The material uses the AlphaComposite opacity setting, just like the video tutorial.
    	EMIC.SetTextureParameterValue('Emissive', ScreenTexture);
           ESP.Init();
    }

defaultproperties
    {
    	// Native.

// Custom.
    	ScreenMovie=SwfMovie'ExampleSWF'

begin Object Name="Screen" Class="StaticMeshComponent"
    		StaticMesh=StaticMesh'ExampleMeshes.ExampleActor'
    		Scale=2.f
    	end Object
    	Components.add(Screen);
    	EScreen=Screen
    }
    What you end up with is this big ugly white area on the static mesh component in question. Any idea what it is that I'm doing wrong and how I can go about fixing it (if possible)? Or is there some sort of native backend that prevents this from being possible?

Ideally I would like to avoid having to use kismet to have a flash material playing on my actor. So any help would be welcome and appreciated.

I unfortunately have never created a render texture on a mesh in the game world without using Kismet. So I don't know what could be wrong. I can try to come up with a solution, but it might take me a while to get to it.

Comment

I haven't tried this, but I'm looking at the way you manage the render target.

You're subclassing TextureRenderTarget2D in order to override the size, but there's a Create() function that should be called after instancing, and that is where size is set. So, at a guess:

Code:
      ScreenTexture = new class'ExampleTextureRenderTarget2D';
      ScreenTexture.Create( 1024, 1024 );
      If your subclass is just using default properties to circumvent the const it probably won't work. Const usually implies that variables can only be updated through a native function.

Edit: could be wrong, there's a cpp Init() function that may already create it during instantiation. /shrug

Comment

You're creating the Texture Render Target incorrectly.

You need to use the static functions to create them.

Code:
        /** creates and initializes a new TextureRenderTarget2D with the requested settings */
        static native noexport final function TextureRenderTarget2D Create(int InSizeX, int InSizeY, optional EPixelFormat InFormat = PF_A8R8G8B8, optional LinearColor InClearColor, optional bool bOnlyRenderOnce );

Comment

Excellent! Everything works now. Thanks a lot, you guys

Comment

Working...
          X