X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UWindow3 Release

http://www.digitalconfectioners.com/uwindow3/

What is UWindow3?
    UWindow3 is a cross platform tool kit which makes it easier to develop user interfaces in Unreal Engine 3 and Unreal Development Kit. As long as the platform supports Unreal Engine 3, Unreal Development Kit and the Scaleform intergration; then UWindow3 will work on that platform. UWindow3 is developed and maintained by James Tan at Digital Confectioners.

Why use this on top of Scaleform?
    While it is possible to skip UWindow3 and develop user interfaces without it, unless you know CLIK inside out it can often be frustrating to figure out what events are available, what variables are available and what functions are available. UWindow3 helps by providing you an easy to use interface in Unrealscript and having it all in one place. UWindow3 also allows programmers to instance new user interfaces without having to place the CLIK widgets in a content creation toolkit such as Adobe Flash Professional (however, this is needed if the developer wishes to stylize the UI in the end). This promotes the work flow of where a programmer can implement the functionality of their user interface first and then a Flash artist can later stylize it. Of course, if you don't need to change the style dramatically then you don't need Adobe Flash Professional. In short, here are some benefits:
    • It's free to use to in commercial applications (It is licensed under a variation of BSD)
    • You get the Unrealscript source (built on UDK July 2012), Actionscript source (AS3) and Flash source (CS6).
    • Works on all platforms that Unreal Engine 3 / Unreal Development Kit and Scaleform support.
    • Unit test is available to get a basic idea of how to use this UI tool kit.
    • Documented code.
    • Simple code, object orientated API

UWindow3 requirements

To make full use of UWindow3, you will need at least:
    • Unreal Engine 3 (QA July 2012) or Unreal Development Kit (July 2012)

To further customize the appearance of UWindow3, you will need at least:
    • Adobe Flash Professional CS6

Whoop whoop! Recommended.

Comment

just amazing

one question.. havent give a proper look into it but.. Is it possible to use this to "Skip" one of the render to texture issues that happends in a flash movie?

i.e rendering a flash movie in A render texture gives no input at all only for keyboard and not mouse clicks

Comment

I don't believe it tries to resolve that.

Comment

Do we have to get the July 2012 version? Mine is still December 2011...

Comment

You can try using a version that old, but no guarantees that it will be problem free.

Comment

Would you happen to have any special method that you would suggest that we use to adjust our uw3 elements to fit any resolution?

Can we adjust the internal resolution that the flash scene runs in through uw/unrealscript?

If we wanted to prepare for implementing a basic flash element with no UI functionality what widget should we use or would you just override e.g. UWbutton functionality to achieve the same?

Comment

http://pastebin.com/Vj4c0bx6

I can replicate this by waiting ~30 seconds and dragging the mouse fast across a range of TextButtons. Nothing has been assigned to the buttons, no delegation is happening or anything.

Comment

I know its not a requirement, however, since I am a very visual person, throwing some screenshots would be nice. It always gets me excited.

Keep it up Snake you are always contributing!

Comment

Sounds great Solid Snake, thanks for sharing, I will be checking this out

Comment

said before and i'll say it again a BIG thanks to James for doing this for us

@TheAgent
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	ut40kUW3_DM_Menu.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	3249696
                      a simple multiple scroll list and a button

Comment

Thanks for providing the screen shot geodav, glad this was made for those that don't like to work in flash.

Comment

One question if you can do the same in scaleform , what's the sense of making this?
                          what's the advantage after all ?

Comment

because 1. you don't need Flash and 2. it's great for prototyping, 3. for beginners you check do your menus and test them before paying for a flash artist

Comment

1 i doubt you will use the already incorporated teamplate for the art so you may have to skin it 2 mmmhhh 3 it's basically the same as in actionscript.... same function names etc
                              Actually the positive aspect i find my self , is that you can use it as the API of actionscript , i did so now iknow how " really works " everything in AS2

Comment

Working...
                              X