Few Scaleform questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Few Scaleform questions

I'm trying to create a HUD. I got most basic things like ammo, energy, weapon name and crosshair working. Now, here are the things I want to know.
    1. I want the HUD to provide the info of allies when they were pointed on the same screen position as them, much more like Call of Duty, when you point at a friend. How do I convert the actor location into the 2D screen location?
    2. It is slightly provided in GFxMinimapHUD itself, but if you don't mind creating a shortcut, how do I create a scrolling textes like the death messages that pops up when someone got killed in UT.
    3. Not HUD, but how do you make a map selection menu in scaleform?

Matt Doyles tutorials , wathc all of them and you will beome a master scaleformer
    Also UDN has sample code wich is really useful
    The quick start will provide you some basic functionality , and how to import it

What you are sayin will be a lot of keyframe based one : ) GL because you will need it .

Comment

Originally posted by Neongho View Post
      Matt Doyles tutorials , wathc all of them and you will beome a master scaleformer
      Also UDN has sample code wich is really useful
      The quick start will provide you some basic functionality , and how to import it

What you are sayin will be a lot of keyframe based one : ) GL because you will need it .
      Already got them, but the HUD part doesn't cover anything I can use to make the COD styled info. Tried to google things and nothing. My phone is quite limited to read UDN documents while I don't have internet at my computer. I do find something called TransformVector, but I never worked on Matrix before

And as I said before I already know most of the basics of HUD. I've implemented Energy meter, ammo counter, weapon name, and crosshair

Comment

Well, you just need to move a movieclip actor , on the flash movie , on the X and Y ,

A tick function, telling the position of that actor in question would make it

I think that you can manually with action script , move an object

you could make a conversion

You could assign , In game info you could get the amount of players , then through that make an array , then assign those array actors , to the flash actors .. a lot of functions and communication

I don't really know how to render actors in a flash movie , or make them visible or invisible , but im sure there's a way ..

that's for a minimap

A map selection menu , it's made through clik elements , it's the best way , With a Stepper choosing the name then the

.value , will be send to the next level , through INI vars or any other save system .

You need a save system if you prettend to send vars from a level to another level.

I'm assuming that you want aminimap right?

Comment

No. I want a Call of Duty styled info. You know, when you're aiming at an ally, text will appear on them, showing their names and whatnot. The info is simple, but the right positioning is the real question

Comment

do a trace, once hit, project your target to 2D coordinates, then use the x and y with your offsets to position your textfield/movieclips

Comment

Originally posted by Roxez View Post
              do a trace, once hit, project your target to 2D coordinates, then use the x and y with your offsets to position your textfield/movieclips

Thanks, Roxez. After you posted, I started looking for projecting functions. There is the function Project. Based on this forum I created the movie clip containing the text field.

Strangely though, it was stuck in the left side, but the Y axis works just fine. I think the problem is either on projection or the movie clip

Comment

Bump. Anyone?

Comment

Working...
                X