Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using July 2012 Flash with March 2012 UDK

Hey All,

So, the July 2012 build of UDK introduced the ability to have multiple controllers in the same Scaleform UI screen space. However, my project is in the March 2012 version.

I was able to get a working copy of my menu in the July 2012 version, but I now want to use it in my March 2012 project. Is there anyway to get this working? I've tried just copying over the Development/Flash/ folder from the new to the old, as well as the GFxMediaPlayer binaries from Binaries/GFx/

Currently, the menu does show in my March 2012 project, however, there is no functionality...I cannot move to/from or select any buttons.

There could be a myriad of different reasons for this, which is why I wanted to ask you all. My guess would be that it has something to do with the binaries, actually. In the May 2012 and previous builds, the Scaleform executable was called GFxMediaPlayer.exe. With the July 2012 version, they separated it into two builds: GFxMediaPlayerD3d9.exe and GFxMediaPlayerOpenGL.exe and completely removed the "plain" GFxMediaPlayer.exe. However, I haven't been able to find any references as to where the executables are actually used.

So, in general, any help or discussion on this topic would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

There could be API changes that won't allow you to migrate the Scaleform SDK backwards to March.

Comment

Working...
    X