Hiding the radar/minimap on a Scaleform UI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hiding the radar/minimap on a Scaleform UI

Hello, I was wondering if it was possible to simply disable the radar on the default UT Team game HUD somewhere inside UScript, or if it's something that is hard-coded into the flash file and I would need to make a new UI to remove it.

Thanks.

In \Development\Src\UTGame\Classes\GFxMinimap.uc

Find the function UpdateData(), and either comment out the this line or change it so that it passes false instead of true:

Code:
    SetVisible(true);
    Of course, the minimap is still there, just not visible. Removing it will require more involvement.

Comment

Hiding it works perfectly for my purposes, thanks!

Can the Armor section be hidden in a similar manner? I tried replacing armor code block in \Development\Src\UTGame\Classes\GFxMinimapHud.uc at the TickHud() function with ArmorMC.SetVisible(false); but I'm guessing that just hides the number, not the actual image.

Thanks again.

Comment

Unforunately, that would require modifying the udk_hud.fla file, as the armor graphic has no instance name. If you open that file in Flash, then go into the playerStats movie clip, unlock the bottom layer (graphic).

From there, you can give the armor image an instance name (say "armorgraphic"). At which point, you could access it from UnrealScript with:

Code:
        var GFxObject ArmorImageMC;
        ArmorImageMC = GetVariableObject("_root.playerStats.armorgraphic");
        ArmorImageMC.SetVisible(false);
        ArmorTF.SetVisible(false);
        ArmorMC.SetVisible(false);
        However, you'd also need to make sure you export the HUD properly from Flash:
        1. Open /UDKGame/Flash/UDKFonts/fonts_en.fla
        2. Publish it to a SWF
        3. Open /UDKGame/Flash/UDKFonts/gfxfontlib.fla
        4. Publish it to a SWF
        5. Open /UDKGame/Flash/UDKHud/udk_minimap.fla
        6. Publish it to a SWF
        7. Then publish the udk_hud.fla file with your changes made.
        8. Reimport all SWFs into UDK using: C:\UDK\UDK-2012-05\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe gfximport

Comment

That's what I figured, and I haven't had a chance to watch your tutorial videos yet so thanks a million for the step by step instructions. :-)

Comment

Working...
          X