* Create and initialize the HUDMovie.
      */
    function CreateHUDMovie()
    {
    	if( HUDClass != none)
    	{
    		HudMovie=new HUDClass;
    		HudMovie.SetTimingMode(TM_Real);
    		HudMovie.Init(class'Engine'.static.GetEngine().GamePlayers[HudMovie.LocalPlayerOwnerIndex]);
    	}
    }
    and also in the hud wrapper during the event PostRender()

i call the hudtick

Code:
    	if (HudMovie!=none)
    		HudMovie.TickHud(0);
    now generally what im doing in tickhud works great.

One of my functions called every time the tickhud is called is this

Code:
    function GetClipAndAmmoValues(CPWeapon CPWeap)
    {
    	if(CPWeap == none)
    		return;

if(ammoAmount != none)
    		ammoAmount.SetText(CPWeap.GetAmmoCount());

if(clipAmount != none)
    		clipAmount.SetText(CPWeap.GetClipCount());
    }
    and it simply sets the text to some labels on the hud.

What i'm finding is this. when i idle for about 5 minutes, i start to see lines on my hud.

before Click image for larger version

Name:	nobandingflash.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	3252631

after Click image for larger version

Name:	bandingflash.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	3252630

I havn't moved or anything and theirs nothing special about my code here, its just constantly calling SetText.
    Originally I did a check before i set the text to make sure the value had actually changed, but i found that only slowed the problem, and if i had a fast firing weapon i would get this banding issue still.

Its happening on all text based flash elements we use and i wondered if anyone else was experiencing this or had resolved these issues. is my tickhud ticking too quickly or something???

Anyway really hope you can help me on this issue guys.

anyone???

Comment

looks like the function checks whether the ammo exist or not, which it did, and updates on every tick. I suspect doing SetText on every tick might be the issue here.

Comment

id agree. however why does it cause banding. Why did it work fine before.

I have had this function redone in flash and use a function that again is called in my tickhud just as quickly

Code:
        function CallASweaponUpdate(string ammoAmount, string clipAmount)
        {
        	ActionScriptVoid("weaponUpdate");
        }
        Code:
        function weaponUpdate(ammoAmount, clipAmount) 
        {
        	_root.container.bottomRight.ammoAmount.text = ammoAmount;
        	_root.container.bottomRight.clipAmount.text = clipAmount;
        }
        and this works perfectly fine.

I am happy that at least I can fix this, but so far if i have any text updating regularly on the hud ingame i need to call an AS function so it doesn't do the banding.

I personally would love to know "why" the bandings happening so I have a better understanding of what's actually going on

Comment

interestingly leaving it longer things started to vanish off the hud completely....

i found that resizing my window restored the items and removed the banding. has noone else seriously come across this issue?? i highly doubt my team are the only ones. maybe its my udk version. 2011-06.

Comment

This is news to me. Haven't heard of the issue before. Unfortunately, it doesn't sound like something I can help you fix. In this case, it is an issue of going through Epic support, as they maintain the integration and handle support for UDK users.

Comment

Im going though the process of updating to the latest udk release, i noticed one of the updates was around scaleform 4, so maybe that will help.

Comment

resizing window restores the hud back due to the hud being re-instantiate by the resolutionChange. i believe the issue will still occur if it is left for a while after the resolution has been changed.

Comment

have you recreated this roxez??? its looking like me and my team are the only ones experiencing it at the moment.

Comment

We resolved this issue by upgrading our udk. Must have been something in the older udk version.

Comment

turned out it was not resolved, it just took longer to happen.

Comment

Working...
                      X