No announcement yet.

Scaleform Front End Menu System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can use any of the other Unrealscript editors mentioned in this post: http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...lscript-Editor. Also, Visual Studio Express is free, and if you have the Visual Studio Shell Integrated (also free), it works with the nFringe plugin (free for non-commercial use) that I believe you're talking about.

Comment

I've been recently trying this tut. Great work btw, thanks for sharing!
      For some reason though I get a ArgumentError: Error #1063 which I think is related to the cursor. Any ideas?

Comment

Flash error 1063 is an argument mismatch error, meaning that somewhere in the code there's the wrong number of arguments being passed to a function. There should be some more details in the error message, so check that out and see if you can track down where it's happening.

Comment

Originally posted by mavrik73 View Post
          Flash error 1063 is an argument mismatch error, meaning that somewhere in the code there's the wrong number of arguments being passed to a function. There should be some more details in the error message, so check that out and see if you can track down where it's happening.
          Hey Mavrik thanks for replying!
          No luck figuring it out so far. The error pops up in the console log as soon the cursor object is used in a scene. No other details are available in the log or anywhere else. As far as I can tell at least.

The cursor code is:
          Code:
          package lib
          {
          	import flash.display.MovieClip;
          	import flash.display.DisplayObject;
          	import flash.events.MouseEvent;

public class MenuCursor extends MovieClip
          	{
          		public function MenuCursor(parentStage:DisplayObject)
          		{
          			mouseEnabled = false;
          			mouseChildren = false;
          			parentStage.addEventListener(MouseEvent.MOUSE_MOVE, MoveCursor);
          		}

private function MoveCursor(e:MouseEvent):void
          		{
          			x = e.stageX;
          			y = e.stageY;
          		}
          	}
          }
          Thankfully the menu scene works fine in game but still, that error is bugging me. I'm sure you know that feeling

-John

Comment

Oh, you're seeing the error in the console log in UDK, not in Flash? Which version of Flash did you use to create the swfs? I just downloaded the code and content and tested it with the latest version of the UDK, but I'm not getting this error. My guess is that there might be a problem due to a different version of Flash?

Comment

Originally posted by mavrik73 View Post
              Oh, you're seeing the error in the console log in UDK, not in Flash? Which version of Flash did you use to create the swfs? I just downloaded the code and content and tested it with the latest version of the UDK, but I'm not getting this error. My guess is that there might be a problem due to a different version of Flash?
              Ehm, sorry Mavrik my bad, I wasn't clear enough. The error pops up inside the Flash log when launching the movie, not in game. I use Adobe FLash Cs6. Maybe the version has something to do with that. After some googling I think it has to do with the way the MoveCursor function is called (http://forums.adobe.com/thread/576950). I tried a couple of things but no luck.
              Attached Files

Comment

If you remove the line
                Code:
                parentStage.addEventListener(MouseEvent.MOUSE_MOVE, MoveCursor);
                do you still get the error? I'm wondering if it's another function that's causing the issue, not the event handler, like the constructor maybe. Maybe Flash is trying to create an instance of a MenuCursor and doesn't pass in a DisplayObject. Try adding a default parameter of null to the constructor argument (and wrap the call to parentStage.addEventListener with a check for null) and see what that does. It could also maybe be one of the functions in the SF_FrontEnd class, unless you already narrowed it down to the MenuCursor.

Comment

OKay, I tried a couple of the things you suggested. If let's say the main menu extents MovieClip the error wont pop up so Like you said it must be something inside the front end. Trying to track it down atm.
                  Thanks for helping out with this one Mavrik!

Edit:
                  I don't get it :\ Just DLed your source. The code is identical. Also ticked "permit debugging" but nothing more gets logged besides that error. Well I guess since the menu works fine in UDK I could ignore this little error for the moment.

Comment

The site is down, anybody has a backup?

Comment

Rembember there's a list of eventListeners in , the Gfx folder !

And maybe it uses a class wich functions are overwritten , and events don't trigger and maybe you will have to modify it little.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePriest909 View Post
                        OKay, I tried a couple of the things you suggested. If let's say the main menu extents MovieClip the error wont pop up so Like you said it must be something inside the front end. Trying to track it down atm.
                        Thanks for helping out with this one Mavrik!
                        If I comment this line libLoader.load(cursorPath); the error (error: argumenterror error: # 1063 ) no longer pops up :\ It must have something to do with the following function:

Code:
                        		public function SF_FrontEnd()
                        		{
                        			var url:String="../SF_Library.swf";
                        			var cursorPath:URLRequest = new URLRequest(url);
                        			var libLoader:Loader = new Loader();

libLoader.load(cursorPath);
                        			libLoader.contentLoaderInfo.addEventListener(Event.COMPLETE, CreateCursor);
                        		}
                        Yet, I can't figure it out.

Comment

Working...
                        X