Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

problem with my pause scaleform screen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• started a topic problem with my pause scaleform screen

problem with my pause scaleform screen

hi i have a pause scaleform screen that i'm using when the player hit escape.

the screen is working fine, but i have noticed yesterday that if i press escape and simple just do nothing, only to pause the game, the buttons and labels just dissapear from the screen, and when it dissapear i need to press escape again to bring again the screen and select a choice to return to the game or return to main menu.

any idea on why this is happend ?

thanks in advance for all the help.

• replied
    Well I'll be dipped. You learn something new every day. Thanks Agent!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    thanks TheAgent, that fix the problem, didn't know that, thank you very much !

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Make
    Code:
    local GFxMoviePlayer MenuScreen;
    into a global variable

Code:
    var GFxMoviePlayer MenuScreen;
    local vars since temporary get garbage collected after a period of time

Reference : http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...period-of-time

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i'm using may 2012, but in march and february is the same, because i have moved my project and i have used those two versions too.

by the way, i have the exact issue that you have, my scaleform is created and called dynamically.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm having a similar issue. It's happening whenever I create a GFxMoviePlayer object dynamically within my code:

Code:
    local GFxMoviePlayer MenuScreen;

MenuScreen = new class'GFxMoviePlayer';
    MenuScreen.Start();
    It shows up and sticks around for 20 or 30 seconds or so, but then disappears. What version of UDK are you using? I'm wondering if it's an issue with the May 2012 build.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X