Is it possible to show the HUD in a render texture, and not on main screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I'm now having this same problem. Where did you put that code in your class? I can't figure out exactly what I need to put in to make it work for me.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nice, I got it to work. The problem was in my code. I went back and looked through the base GFxMoviePlayer.uc script and found what i needed. All I had to do, was add these 2 lines to my custom HUD class:

HudMovie.RenderTexture = TextureRenderTarget2D'--yourRenderTarget2DTextureHere--';
    HudMovie.RenderTextureMode = RTM_AlphaComposite; //this is if you want a transparent hud movie

After that I just went back into my kismet and got rid of my Open GFx Movie node that had my HUD movie in it, and it worked perfectly. It doesn't need this to work after that, you can just place the material that has your hud movie rendertarget texture on whatever you want and it works. This is also with my custom game type selected, which might be necessary for this to function (at least the way I have it coded).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It is difficult to work out what is wrong without looking through your code.

My guess is that you haven't set up your HUD class properly. I guess this because the HUD class that is used is specified by the gametype.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I can't see why changing the game type should have anything to do with it, so I can't tell you what to do about that, but have you watched the Scaleform UDK Tutorial videos from Matt Doyle? In the 2nd video he goes over how to setup render textures and materials for scaleform. It might be worth a shot to make sure you've got everything set up right.

Leave a comment:

• Is it possible to show the HUD in a render texture, and not on main screen

I'm sure there is a way to show the HUD movie in a render texture and not displayed on the main screen, but for the life of me I cannot get it to function. I have custom .uc's that allow my HUD full functionality if I turn on my custom game type in the world properties, but it is on the screen. On the other hand, if i turn off my game type and try to run it as a render texture, it will display, but it does not update, all of the numbers and images stay the same. I have my custom movie player class selected in the open gfx movie node, so that shouldn't be the issue. I know there has to be a way to get around displaying it on the screen itself, I'm just lost as where to look at this point.
Working...
X