Help, Closing GFX Movie in UDK July 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help, Closing GFX Movie in UDK July 2011

Ive tried about 5 different solutions ive found through out the forums and through the internet.
    Im just trying to close a GFX movie, but it doesnt seem to work.
    Although it doesnt close like programmed, its like it skips the step and plays the next GFX movie.
    Heres the kismet as it stands.

There are a few swf movies involved in my kismet, its all part of a conversation in my level.
    Does anyone know a way around this?
    Thanks

Use the same object variable for MoviePlayer on both the open & close GFx Movie nodes. Currently, you're using separate variables.

Comment

Done that before, didnt work. Still didnt close :/ The GFX movies just overlap each other and never close.

Comment

Ahhh, I tried it again and it didnt work. I deleted the object variable again and replaced it with a new one and now it works Thanks

Comment

Ive now encountered another problem.
          The first movie will close and load the next (menu), but after that movie, if i click for say response 1, it will close the current movie, play response 1 and it wont close that.
          The only two it wont close is response1 and response 2.
          Im not sure if the closing is the problem or whether the loading of the menu GFX is the problem.
          Heres the kismet.

Comment

How many individual SWF movies are you using? You need 1 Object variable for each movie -tie the MoviePlayer for Open & Close GFx Movie for that SWF to a single Object variable.

So, if you have 3 movies, you'll need 3 object vars.

Something like this:

Comment

right, I think its all working now :P Thanks
              Do you by any chance know the resolution of the screen when you play the game through UDK?
              I basically need to be able to make my GFX movies touch both sides of the screen and be at the bottom of the screen when playing.
              Thanks

Comment

This thread has some info on resolution stuff: http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...nd-SetViewport

But you can set the default game res in one of three ways:

* From the console, type: setres 1280x720
                * In the \UDKGame\Config\UDKEngine.ini file:
                Search for ResX= & ResY= and change them
                * Or, add "resx=1280 resy=720" to your shortcut without the quotes.

Comment

Awesome
                  Thanks alot for all your help

Comment

thank for topics and answers i had same problem. solved.

Comment

Working...
                    X