Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Scaleform and Bink?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scaleform and Bink?

Hey!

Note, that this is my first post, and I'm a bit unsure whether it's posted in the correct place (but considering it's related to Scaleform, I suppose it is). Sorry if misplaced.

Anyway, my question goes:

Since Scaleform is included, but Scaleform Video is not - Would I somehow be able to make a menu with an animated video background (using Rad Bink, I suppose), with a Scaleform UI in front? - Or is there any other possibilities to achieve this - if so, how?

Also, note, that I want it to be fullscreen (100% of screen width and height).

I've illustrated below what I mean:

Thank you very much in advance.
    - Sincerely

yeah you can do this, add the gfx movie onto a mesh or bsp as a rendertarget with transparency using render target mode to alpha composite, then add the bink movie to another mesh / bsp slightly behind it

Comment

I guess we will be able to do that with SetExternalTexture() ?

Comment

"SetRenderTexture

Here is a basic setup for capturing a 3D mesh from the game and rendering it to Flash with a scene capture actor."

I'm not exactly sure whether that means render a mesh to flash, I would imagine that's a mistake and they mean render a flash (gfx) scaleform movie to a mesh surely?

Anyway, it's all possible without that, I've just tried look.

Comment

The Blend Mode of my material is Alpha Composite but the swf is still opaque. Did I forgotten something ?

EDIT : Resolved : I missed to link opacity.

Comment

Did you get it working then?

Comment

Yes, it works fine for me. Thanks !

Comment

Thanks for the solution, Cheesewhisk.
                - It works perfectly

Comment

Working...
                X