Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Handling CLIK AS3 Compile Error 1152 & 5000

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Handling CLIK AS3 Compile Error 1152 & 5000

Action

You add a CLIK AS3 component from CLIK_Components_AS3.fla to your Flash document (example: DefaultTextArea)

Result

You receive these compiler errors, and the component does not work:

C:\UDK\UDK-2012-01\Development\Flash\AS3\CLIK\scaleform\clik\contr ols\TextArea.as, Line 2 1152: A conflict exists with inherited definition scaleform.clik.controls:TextInput.textField in namespace public.
    C:\UDK\UDK-2012-01\Development\Flash\AS3\CLIK\scaleform\clik\contr ols\TextArea.as, Line 1 5000: The class 'scaleform.clik.controls.TextArea' must subclass 'flash.display.MovieClip' since it is linked to a library symbol of that type.

Solution

Click File in the top menu of your Flash file.
    Choose ActionScript Settings to open the Advanced ActionScript 3.0 Settings window.
    Uncheck Automatically declare stage instances.
    Save your file and compile again.

Hey Matt, I've got a little question about this particular problem.

I am using the December 2011 UDK and Flash CS5.5.

I've modified the "UDK\Development\Flash\AS3\CLIK\demos\Component_Li brary.fla" to use my own art assets. When I tick off "Automatically declare stage instances" I do have the problem that Buttons with "toggle" ticked will not display any textFields whatsoever, once I tick off toggle, it displays the textFields as expected.

So my question is there any know bug within the CLIK component class breaking the functionality?

cheers
    Oliver

Comment

just installed the current March release and it works with this one, so I guess I have a solution

Comment

I am trying to move my work from the October 2011 build to May2012 and as a result from using AS2 to AS3. I am getting the above errors and followed Matt's instructions, but now I am getting all kinds of new errors/warnings like 1120, 3590, 1060.... Just a long list of issues. I'm just trying to use standard CLIK components right now but seem to be having all kinds of issues.

I can add a component to my stage and it compiles fine. The minute I change and of it's parameters, even enabling InitCallback, compiling throws a laundry list of errors/warnings.

Is there a major paradigm change between Scaleform 3 and 4? Because trying to upgrade is proving really frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by John J View Post
          I am trying to move my work from the October 2011 build to May2012 and as a result from using AS2 to AS3. I am getting the above errors and followed Matt's instructions, but now I am getting all kinds of new errors/warnings like 1120, 3590, 1060.... Just a long list of issues. I'm just trying to use standard CLIK components right now but seem to be having all kinds of issues.

I can add a component to my stage and it compiles fine. The minute I change and of it's parameters, even enabling InitCallback, compiling throws a laundry list of errors/warnings.

Is there a major paradigm change between Scaleform 3 and 4? Because trying to upgrade is proving really frustrating.
          John, I had the same problem as you when unchecking Automatically declare stage instances. I found out that if you do that you have to manually declare each instance you have on the stage as a public variable. So for example, if you had a Label on the stage with the instance name myLabel you would do something like this in your code:

public var myLabel:Label;

It is actually recommended to uncheck the box and follow this style of declaring stage instances as then you will have better access to them through public variables as well as solve some possible inheritance issues.

Comment

Thank you! I was wondering what the heck was going on with those compiler errors.

Comment

Thaaaaaaaaank yoouuuuuu. Omg!

Comment

omfg...

*bangs head on desk
                *steps out for a smoke
                *gets back to coding

thanks matt

Comment

Working...
                X