Multiplayer Menu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiplayer Menu

I'm currently working on a multiplayer menu for a game i'm working on at the moment, I'm not using the default one i've made my own one in flash, How would I go about hosting a game from a level that I have started on my computer to use as a server. So when when Someone presses a button the menu it would trigger a fscommand that would open my IP, So rather than having a server browser i just have a list of servers created by me that do not change and that they can easily join rather than being able to host them themselves. Basically all I need to know is how to host a match from my pc... so they can just join by typing in my IP...

Console Command "open DM-Deck?Listen"

Comment

Lets say I do "open-DM-WareHouse?Listen" Would I then be hosting a match that people can join by typing in my IP, Also What Would the time limit, maximum players, maximum kills, or would that be the default in the config files...?

Comment

for some reason I can't join someone else game I am typing "open xx.xxx.xxx.xx" the x stands for part of their ip address

Comment

I have similar issues if i have steam running on the server im attempting to connect to. You should confirm that steam is offline.

Also, when you have problems like this (technical and complicated) you should post excerpts of logs or code to assist us in assisting you.

Comment

are you in the same network(LAN)? Because UDK works fine in LAN. Hamachi and Tunngle should work as well.

Comment

Basically I'm trying to get multiplayer working on a fps game, We have confirmed that LAN works completely fine. I've got my friend using this console command "open dm-prisonandcity10?listen" then I try to connect to him by typing "open XX.XXX.XX.XX" The IP address is hidden for privacy reason, but in theory it should work due to being able to connect via lan using "open 127.0.0.1" any idea about what I'm missing out etc...?

Comment

"open 127.0.0.1" is connecting directly to the local system. Not connecting through LAN.
                A LAN IP usually looks like 192.168.XXX.XXX. To test LAN, you should use 2 PCs in the same network and connect to the other using the LAN IP.

So far most issues I've seen with people connecting over internet to each-others game servers (not necessarily UDK but servers in general) is their router firewall. To be more precise, the absence of port forwarding in the router to the computer hosting the server.
                If LAN works, make sure your firewall and port forwarding are setup correctly.

Comment

127.0.0.1 is localhost also your own local PC! I meant LAN Local Aera Network! Omar007 already wrote that in the last post.
                  I recommend that you try with Tunngle. Tunngle emulates LAN over Internet so that should work for you.

Comment

Working...
                  X