Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to use multiple swf files for Hud

Hi,

i would like to build a hud. This is dynamic. F.i. if you focus an enemy you might see his Character information movie with the assigned stats / graphics. I just got the problem, that i created single flash Movies for each job like one for inventory, one for character view, one for stats, one for hot-keys and so on. Now it might happen, that more
    than one enemy is targetable and two character information movies must be showed on hud. Can i just load the swf files via "loadMovie" ? Or is the only way to pack all
    datas into a single swf file? i just saw, that the examples are always single file solutions.

greets

chris

Me too. Anyone?

Comment

Search for linked movies.

Anyway what you want might not need it at all, you want to create many movie clips inside the same .fla file, them disable/enable them or just jump to the designated frame where they appear.

Comment

That's a nice idea in theory, but it's not very versatile. For example, if I want to anchor one SWF to the center of the screen but have another SWF anchored to the lower-right corner of the screen, I could only make this working within a single FLA for 1 output resolution, where my game should be playable on several.

Comment

I was able to accomplish this by creating a separate class for every swf file I had and then setting them up one by one in my hudwrapper class. I agree there isn't nearly enough info about how exactly to do this so once I have cleaned up my work a bit if people are interested I can share what I have done for people to look at (its honestly pretty simple stuff and I am painfully new to programming in general so there may be some feux pas but from my testing so far it seems to be working)

Comment

I went back to my initial through, and made the programmers call the SWF in unrealScript... which I'm mostly hands-off. This way I leave it up to them to figure out how to update when the resolution changes, rather than trying to figure that out at the Flash level.

Good Luck with programming.

Comment

Working...
            X