Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you display a Scaleform movie UNDER Canvas drawn elements?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    According to this post:
    http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86629
    the technique is creating a RenderTextureTarget2d texture and using that in a material, and you have to set the size of the texture. Probably setting a large enough size to look good on larger resolutions and that will scale for smaller ones would be needed. You can play around with different sizes of texture and see what the results are.

As for varying the opacity, I think putting a variable into the material that you can set the value of in UnrealScript or Kismet would accomplish that.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey Eggmunkee, thanks for your reply : D.

Well, would I be able to make the material appear fullscreen? How would a GFxMovie drawn to a Material react to different resolutions?
    DrawHUDAfterScaleForm() sounds awesome :P.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey Timoses, I haven't been in this code for a few years. I will try to find out what we ended up doing on our project. I was a few versions back, but it sounds like the same issue still exists. If they could offer another hook after the scaleform has rendered, DrawHUDAfterScaleForm() or something like that might be necessary. Unless I figured something out.

One thought I have of a possibility is that you can render scaleform to a material or a surface at least. If you could render to a material then paint that material on the hud layer, that might do the job. Downside is that you'd be painting a large material on the whole screen instead of using the regular method.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Did you find a solution? I'm running into the same problem where I want to display an example Hud radar in my options menu so the user can vary opacity settings and such an view the changes live on the hud element..

Unfortunatly, I haven't found a way to display the canvas on top of the scaleform view yet : (.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Right now I've got them combined. It's as simple as drawing in the HUD DrawHUD() method. The Flash just automatically shows on top it seems. Maybe Matt Doyle will give me a definitive answer. *crossing my fingers*

Leave a comment:

• replied
    somewhere I heard you could combine them but I haven't tried it at all, I only use Scaleform

Leave a comment:

• replied
    No, it's one or the other. You cannot combine them.

At least as far as I know.

Leave a comment:

• Can you display a Scaleform movie UNDER Canvas drawn elements?

In the project I'm working on we are wanting to have a HUD implemented in Scaleform, but would like to be able to display menus on top of the HUD using Canvas. Is that at all possible?

I haven't found anything in the source or docs about this, except for possibly the Priority property of GFxMoviePlayer, but I think that's just the render order of flash movies.

I appreciate any helpful advice as well. Thanks.
Working...
X