Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone successfully complete the tutorials at http://www.scaleform.com/udkusers ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone successfully complete the tutorials at http://www.scaleform.com/udkusers ?

I'm trying to do the Scaleform tutorials from http://www.scaleform.com/udkusers

Since they do not provide the sample swf file I tried creating my own. I'm getting the following error when I try to publish the file to create the swf in flash:

Scene 1, Layer 'actions', Frame 1, Line 20 1046:Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: Void.

I copied the code from http://www.scaleform.com/videos/vide...UDK_TUTORIAL_4

This is now the 4th different tutorial I'm trying to do to learn how to use Scaleform & it's getting very frustrating finding out either nothing works anymore or there is no support when you run into problems.

I hope someone here has been successful with this tutorial series and actually got it working.

I can provide the flash files if needed. I'm using cs5 & UDK 2011-07

You can find example files for flash in ".../YourUDKDirectory/UDKGame/Flash/example" and for CLIK in ".../YourUDKDirectory/Development/Flash/CLIK/tutorial"

Furthermore most of the tutorial code and ressources was made accessible by Mr. Doyle here.

Hope it helps

Comment

Scaleform only provides support to licensees; however, you are free to come here and ask in the forums for help. It is very often provided free of charge. That being said, your error seems to be a code related error involving a variable or function you've declared on line 20 of your actions layer. I'd need to see that line of code to offer any assistance.

As for the tutorials, they are all confirmed working as of September 2011. If you're having trouble, you'll need to post detailed information about your issues here.

Comment

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for replying to my post. I went back and restarted the first tutorial with the spinning logo and I got it to work this time. Well...almost. Just one problem I set up the image in flash to scale the same way you did. However mine is just constantly scaling right from the start.

I've upload all the files I used here www.artbywaqas.com/UDK/kismet_invoke.rar

I'm guessing I set up the animation in flash wrong?

Anyhow then I tried the Custom Menu tutorial and after adding the SFMenuTutorial.uc file to

UDK version\Development\Src\UTGame\Classes\SFMenuTutor ial.uc

UDK version\Development\Src\UTGame\Classes\SFMenuTutor ial.uc

I got all kinds of errors when running Front End and later I couldn't start the editor as it gave me errors as well. I had to delete out the SFMenuTutorial.uc file to get the editor working again.

Here are the files I used www.artbywaqas.com/UDK/SFMenuTutorial.rar

I'd really appreciate it if you could take a quick look.

thanks!

Comment

For your first problem, you need to add:

Code:
          stop();
          to frame 1 of your Button_Down movie clip.

For your recompile error:

Remove the function ConsoleCommand() from SFMenuTutorial.uc - it is no longer needed there in the latest version of UDK, and will cause compile errors.

For your front end warnings:

You are using an older version of UDK (version 840), while the package file (UDKSFTutorial.upk) is from version 841. You need to update your UDK to the next newest version.

Comment

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for taking a look at the files I uploaded. So let's see, first problem solved. That was easy.

For the recompile error do I remove all of the following?

function OnStartButtonPress(GFxClikWidget.EventData ev)88

{

ConsoleCommand("open DM-Deck");
            }

final function ConsoleCommand(string Cmd, optional bool bWriteToLog)

{

if (PlayerOwner != none)
            PlayerOwner.ConsoleCommand(Cmd, bWriteToLog);

}

For the FrontEnd warning, unfortunately I'm stuck using UDK 2011-07 for now. It's the version being used at the school where I'm teaching my class and we can only install updates at the beginning of the term when they reimage the computers. I'm actually a full time part time college instructor and UDK is just one of the many things I teach.

Once again thank you so much for your help. I imagine you must be incredibly busy too. I guess I'm gonna have to try and move on to some other tutorials (for now) to get this scaleform stuff working for my class.

Comment

Sorry for the late reply. I was in Montreal all week for MIGS.

No, do not remove the OnStartButtonPress() function. Just remove this:
              Code:
              final function ConsoleCommand(string Cmd, optional bool bWriteToLog)

{

if (PlayerOwner != none)
              PlayerOwner.ConsoleCommand(Cmd, bWriteToLog);

}

Comment

Working...
              X