Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Scaleform UI without Flash: Vectorian Giotto and FlashDevelop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure what you mean, so if my button is name TestButton in action script would i have to be like

_root.TestButton.enableInitCallback=true; ?

Comment

Hey great looking tutorial! I couldn't find a gui and was just going to go with flash develop, but was fortunate enough to find this tutorial in a google search. I have one question though, why did you use flash develop at all? why didn't you just use the actionscript pane in Giotto to connect it to UDK!? Also have you done anything else with it and UDK?

Comment

I think you need to get rid of the double parentheses. Try WidgetBindings.Add(WidgetName = "TestButton", WidgetClass = class'GFxCLIKWidget')

Originally posted by NoxRequiem View Post
        Alright, so I'm using both flash develop and giotto. So far I got a png mouse working and my menu running when I start my test level.

My main is issue is that while debugging my button that's supposed to allow me close the menu I noticed how WidgetInitialized is never being called, here is my defaultproperties code where i add the widget

WidgetBindings.Add((WidgetName = "TestButton", WidgetClass = class'GFxCLIKWidget'))

I was wondering if anyone has found ways around this, I've also tried the externalinterface route through my flashdevelop code to an unfortunate dead end as well.

- is there something I can do in flashdevelop or giotto for unrealscript to know that my button is a widget or the fact that I made it a button already mean that it's a widget

Comment

Hi can you link me to any tutorials as i cannot find any

Comment

ExternalInterface.call Not Working

Hi there, my apologies to reawaken an old thread, but I'm having an issue and cannot pinpoint what's going wrong.

I followed your tutorial and got the menu and cursor working great! I'm trying to make the exit button simply call a method in my UScript that exits the game.
            My actionscript:
            Code:
            import flash.external.*;
            public function PreAlphaMenu() 
            	{		
            		var mouseListener:Object = new Object();

mouseListener.onMouseMove = function ()
            		{
            			//set the cursor to the mouse position
            			_root.cursor._x = _root._xmouse;
            			_root.cursor._y = _root._ymouse;
            			_root.exitBtn.enableInitCallback = true;
            			_root.exitBtn.onPress = function()
            			{
            				ExternalInterface.call("ExitClicked");
            			}
            			updateAfterEvent();
            		};
            		Mouse.addListener(mouseListener);
            	}
            My Uscript:
            Code:
            class GfxMainMenu extends GfxMoviePlayer;

function ExitClicked()
            {
            	local string command; //breakpoint here, the method never gets called and can't trace why.
            	`log("Callback Recieved");
            	command = "Exit";
            	ConsoleCommand(command);	
            }

defaultproperties
            {
            	MovieInfo=SwfMovie'PreAlphaContent.PreAlphaMenu' //This is correct, have checked countless times
            }
            The most frustrating part is that I have no errors or warnings anywhere, the "ExternalInterface.call" part just doesn't seem to want to call the Uscript method. It seems to work for a everyone else fine and I can't see where I'm going wrong.
            Awesome tutorial by the way, thank you very much

I solved it! Actually very simple solution and can't believe I missed it haha. For anybody else that has the same issue, you have to set the "Movie Player Class" under the properties of the "Open GFx Movie" node in kismet to the custom Uscript class.

Comment

(bookmarked)

Comment

(bookmarked as well)

I wish there were more resources on the technique of using Vectorian Giotto and Flash Develop.
                This has been awesome! But there's still a lot I need help with and there don't seem to be many other resources.
                Anybody know where else I could look if I'd like to extend my menu?

For instance, a button that takes you to another page within the same menu, like an 'Options' button.

Or how I can create a HUD using these same tools. (Health bar, compass, etc.)

Not that I want everything done for me. Not at all! On the contrary, I'd just like to see how more things are done so that I can apply those skills to other ideas and possibly have some tutorials of my own on some more advanced things, like an inventory, character creation screen and stuff. I don't know. Getting started on new programs is rough. Ha!

Comment

Working...
                X