Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Increase a number while a particular event would happend!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Increase a number while a particular event would happend!

    hi all,
    i made a shape of number with adobe flash(for example zero),
    i want increase this number while a particular event would happened.
    for example in my game there are many keys and while user take one of these keys the number should be increased.
    how do i can do this?
    what do i should write in my action script and unreal script for this?

    #2
    Originally posted by fariba View Post
    hi all,
    i made a shape of number with adobe flash(for example zero),
    i want increase this number while a particular event would happened.
    for example in my game there are many keys and while user take one of these keys the number should be increased.
    how do i can do this?
    what do i should write in my action script and unreal script for this?
    So what is the problem here? you say that you have shapes that define numbers (you are not using a font?) and these shapes need to be shown based on an int that is sent in? (1-9). It all comes down to where you'd want to store the integer of how many keys you've collected I guess.. And is this flash the HUD? or is it a standalone flash that gets added to the scene with kismet?

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Charleon View Post
      So what is the problem here? you say that you have shapes that define numbers (you are not using a font?) and these shapes need to be shown based on an int that is sent in? (1-9). It all comes down to where you'd want to store the integer of how many keys you've collected I guess.. And is this flash the HUD? or is it a standalone flash that gets added to the scene with kismet?
      sorry,i have a mistake!
      let me to explaine my question better.
      i want put a number in bottom of screen
      while a particular event occur, this number should be increased.
      for example in my game there are some keys,and while user take one of these keys the number should be increased.
      also:this number made with adobe flash,and i made this number with text tools and type of text is dynamic.
      now,how can i do this?
      do you understand my question?
      can you get me a guide?
      thanks

      Comment


        #4
        From UnrealScript:

        MyTextField.SetString("text", someNumber);

        Where MyTextField is the cached reference to the textfield in Flash, and someNumber is a variable containing the value you want to set the textfield to display.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Matt Doyle View Post
          From UnrealScript:

          MyTextField.SetString("text", someNumber);

          Where MyTextField is the cached reference to the textfield in Flash, and someNumber is a variable containing the value you want to set the textfield to display.
          ok,thanks.
          alos:i want this number be visibled at bottom of screen always.
          to explain this at a better way,the user moves between various maps and anytime and anywhere the game that he/she exists,this number should be visibled for him/her.
          do you get my problem?
          can you help me?
          thanks

          Comment


            #6
            You'll need to store the value somewhere. This is not Scaleform specific though. You might have better luck figuring out how to store values in UDK in the programming forum.

            Comment

            Working...
            X