Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

setting up an OptionStepper

Hello

I've been trying to figure this out but I haven't had any luck so far. I am trying to set an OptionStepper, based on the scaleform tutorial flash files. I set the path to the object inside the flash file, and I was trying to use the dropdown menu tutorial found here as a starting point (with the obvious difference that I'm using a option stepper, and that the options are being set from within the AS, not an external file.

But I can't find info as to what uscript commands are used to activate it?

Anyone?

Originally posted by nemirc View Post
    Hello

I've been trying to figure this out but I haven't had any luck so far. I am trying to set an OptionStepper, based on the scaleform tutorial flash files. I set the path to the object inside the flash file, and I was trying to use the dropdown menu tutorial found here as a starting point (with the obvious difference that I'm using a option stepper, and that the options are being set from within the AS, not an external file.

But I can't find info as to what uscript commands are used to activate it?

Anyone?
    Might I Inquire a bit more information about what you're trying to do? what does "Activate" mean? me for instance does all code in flash (setting the dataProviderList, getting the selected index) and use ExternalInterface.call to communicate what selected option has been chosen so the result can e handled by Unrealscript

Comment

Not sure if this would be the best way to do it (I can certainly bet it wasn't), but does the trick.

I have the optionstepper listing the different resolutions, setup the paths to the flash object inside my menu class and then do the widget init thing.

Code:
          case('resOption'):
                listRes = GFxClikWidget(Widget);
                listRes.AddEventListener('CLIK_change', OnListResChange);
                break;
      I then setup a code in AS to "listen" to every change in the optionstepper, so every time I click the left or right button it will activate the listener, and basically the listener stores the value as a string variable (for example "1280x960").

Again in UScript, the OnListResChange is setup to read the flash variable and stores it as a string ("1280x960"), and this is added to another string containing the setres command (hence "setres 1280x960").

I couldn't find a way to read the change on the optionstepper directly in uscript, so I ended up all that back and forth between codes :-/

Comment

Working...
      X