Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to import a video (.flv file) to UDK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to import a video (.flv file) to UDK?

I want play a video which is included in my swf file. when swf was imported, the resource of video (flv file) was not imported. That means a video file couldn't play in our game? Just need some helps.
    thank you, Best Regards..

Video is not supported in flash with our version of Scaleform, To get video in Scaleform you need to license Unreal Engine 3 and Scaleform from the respective companies.

Comment

So, UDK can't play any file video in our game? I've converted my video (.flv) to swf file. And succeeded to import this file (.swf) to content browser. But it doesn't work properly when I try to open GFx Movie..

Comment

just download the rad video tools and bink to video, it will convert it to a .bik file.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAgent View Post
          just download the rad video tools and bink to video, it will convert it to a .bik file.
          No..Not .bik file.. I just want to play a video file via kismet (OpenGFxUI). Can we do it? I've imported that video as swf file, but it doesn't work properly when we play in my own game..

Comment

Originally posted by azl View Post
            No..Not .bik file.. I just want to play a video file via kismet (OpenGFxUI). Can we do it? I've imported that video as swf file, but it doesn't work properly when we play in my own game..
            you have to convert the flv to swf. otherwise pm the scaleform rep on here and let us know

Comment

Originally posted by Hboybowen View Post
              you have to convert the flv to swf.
              I've done it. Convert the video from flv to swf. I've imported it to content browser. Open up my kismet to put it into kismet (openGFxMovie). and finally when I want to play it in my own game, there is nothing happened. My game doesn't open anything.

pm the scaleform rep on here and let us know
              Sorry, I don't understand what does "pm the scalefrom rep" mean??
              thank you for your help..

Comment

You can't play videos in flash without licensing scaleform video. Your only real choice for playing video is using bink which is included in UDK.

Comment

@sidstyler
                  We can't play a video in the middle of our game without licensing scaleform,can we? I just want to make sure that I can't play any video, because bink video (.bik) only can play at beginning of my game.. Can we use bink video (.bik) to play in the middle of the game using kismet?

Comment

http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/MovieTexture.html
                    http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/FullScreenMovie.html
                    http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/FlipbookTextures.html

You only need the license if you want to use video inside of Scaleform menus. There are other ways of getting video into your game.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildebeest View Post
                      You only need the license if you want to use video inside of Scaleform menus. There are other ways of getting video into your game.
                      No, Not in Scaleform menus, Can we play the video using kismet as OpenGFxMovie or maybe another way?

Comment

No, Not in Scaleform menus, Can we play the video using kismet as OpenGFxMovie or maybe another way?
                        As I said you CAN'T use any form of video playback with scaleform with the UDK. But you can use bink. And not only for startup movies. You can quite literally play bink movies whenever and wherever you want.

Look at Wildebeest's post for links to the documentation on how to play movies using bink.

Comment

Sorry, I don't understand what does "pm the scalefrom rep" mean??
                          thank you for your help..
                          Matt Doyle works for Scaleform. Read the stickies bro

Contact him. No one here doesnt know half as much as he does so ignore all suggestions until you get what he tells you.

Let us know what he says about how to do this,thnx

Comment

Originally posted by Hboybowen View Post
                            Matt Doyle works for Scaleform. Read the stickies bro

Contact him. No one here doesnt know half as much as he does so ignore all suggestions until you get what he tells you.

Let us know what he says about how to do this,thnx
                            Do not ignore suggestions, as you cannot play movies with the current default license of scaleform.

Currently Only bink videos can be played. And you must license that to remove the bink logo on the bottom so don't ignore suggestions.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAgent View Post
                              Do not ignore suggestions, as you cannot play movies with the current default license of scaleform.

Currently Only bink videos can be played. And you must license that to remove the bink logo on the bottom so don't ignore suggestions.
                              well your a smart guy. But some ppl just so quick to say no.but if you have in swf format you should be able to. I'd just like to be able to allow meme usage. Like play call on a short 10 second click to play in 3di scaleform for all players in that area or locally

Comment

Working...
                              X