Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Query: Scaleform HUD that reacts to world and player movement

Hey,

I'm in the process of making a Scaleform HUD, the style inspired by Republic Commando. While I've got an early iteration of the HUD in the project, I've been wondering if there's any way to have the Scaleform HUD react to the in-game world, like rain for instance.

The second thing is to have the helmet bob a little as the player moves around.

For a better idea of what I mean, here's the Republic Commando HUD:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7bVklOYUKs

I'm not asking for anyone to write up the code here or tell me in detail how to do it, but give me a nudge in the right direction - i.e if this is feasible, what functions, files and other various things I should rummage through to forge these features.

Originally posted by Ordo View Post
    Hey,

I'm in the process of making a Scaleform HUD, the style inspired by Republic Commando. While I've got an early iteration of the HUD in the project, I've been wondering if there's any way to have the Scaleform HUD react to the in-game world, like rain for instance.

The second thing is to have the helmet bob a little as the player moves around.

For a better idea of what I mean, here's the Republic Commando HUD:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7bVklOYUKs

I'm not asking for anyone to write up the code here or tell me in detail how to do it, but give me a nudge in the right direction - i.e if this is feasible, what functions, files and other various things I should rummage through to forge these features.
    it's very possible. For instance, for the headbob, put all your HUD inside a movieclip, and when your player moves around, in your class that extends PlayerController, you can call on a function in the HUD that runs a function in the Flash root to make the movieclip conatining all HUD elements move. How to move it? well I'd do an animation on a timeline, and when you move, you animate it on the timeline, and when he stops, the timeline should go and stop at the neutral position.

I have no idea how much flash and unrealscript you know about, but what I said is the first thing that comes to mind

Comment

Sounds good, thank you!

Comment

Working...
      X