simple join game menu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

simple join game menu

Hey all im trying to unravel the spaghetti that is the join game and server browser menus that are in the udk.

I want to do some VERY simple things but i cant work out where to begin.

I can join my dev server and all but i want to be able to query it so i can see if its passworded but i cant work out where to begin with the code in the udk.

Does anyone know any documentation i should look at or have any advice on this?

Secondly id like to handle errors from the server (invalid passwords or server errors) in an error box, now im not asking how to make error boxes or password boxes persay, more the delegate i should look at for this issue or how to set it up.

Im totally confused on this one

The information that Steam returns in a GameSettings object should tell you if a server is passworded or not, I don't think you can actually query it from the server (although if you connect to the server, it might throw an error message that you could intercept to determine that, then get the password, and reconnect)

Comment

Originally posted by Blade[UG] View Post
      The information that Steam returns in a GameSettings object should tell you if a server is passworded or not, I don't think you can actually query it from the server (although if you connect to the server, it might throw an error message that you could intercept to determine that, then get the password, and reconnect)

I do get error messages if i used the open console command - are there any delegates that are used when you use the open console command??

Comment

just for anyone else - heres what i found.

Code:
        class TAGameViewportClient extends UDKGameViewportClient;

/** handler for global state messages, generally network connection related (failures, download progress, etc) */
        event SetProgressMessage(EProgressMessageType MessageType, string Message, optional string Title, optional bool bIgnoreFutureNetworkMessages)
        {
        	if (MessageType == PMT_ConnectionFailure || MessageType == PMT_SocketFailure)
        	{
        		`Log("TAGameViewportClient::SetProgressMessage - Detected an error!!");
        		`Log("TAGameViewportClient::TITLE" $ Title);		
        		`Log("TAGameViewportClient::MESSAGE" $ Message);
        	}

super.SetProgressMessage(MessageType,Message,Title,bIgnoreFutureNetworkMessages);
        }
        using this i should be able to detect any error messages.

Comment

final tests show this also is a great place when a password is needed or is wrong .

fantastic stuff. now i can actually code a password menu and a connection error ui around this.

Comment

Working...
          X