Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Different type of HP Bar Enquiries (Design + Technical))

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Different type of HP Bar Enquiries (Design + Technical))

Hello again

this time, im in need of some input on this. I managed to get standard HP bar working in HUD using scaleform. now here is the real challenge that im in process of making. i want to create a different form of HP bar.

3 examples that i can give in reference to this idea are circular HP, semi-circular-HP (in example like kingdom hearts), or unorthodox shape of HP (wave HP anyone? ). here where problem lies. this is the type of hp where xscaling or yscaling will never work traditionally...

one method that i come up to overcome this is that i do the way that ammobar does, using a frame base to update the HP bar. using this, i can easily update it in my gfx class just like how a mmobar updates itself. however this will become a bit tedious because I need to be precise to split the bar to 100 frames evenly. so i did not go ahead with this method yet.

is there an alternative to this issue? or maybe a much better way around to this? looking forward to listen to other suggestion because im not ready to crack my head splitting 100 frames yet. that would be a nightmare.

-roxez

One alternative is to use a mask. Think that you have a halfcircle mask that you rotate depending on your HP level. Problem with this method is that masks bug out when alt+tabbing out of the game or you change the resolution. This is why we don't use masks

Comment

Not sure if it would work here, But I know that whenever I was making an HP bar in Flex, I had either a line or pixel, and would have it automatically draw in what I wanted. For a non-regular HP bar, you may have to do a little extra work, but from my insight it's the best way to do it.

Comment

Working...
      X