Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to pop-up a letter

Hi @ all,

I'm currently working on a project and I need some sort of letter to be displayed on the screen when the player uses a trigger.

Here's what I imagine:

The player walks up to a table with a letter-static-mesh on it. When he uses a trigger I placed on the table, there letter should kind of zoom in so the player can read it. There's no need for a zooming animation. I just want it to pop up.

In earlier times I could probably have done this with UIScene. But it was removed some time ago.

Is there a way to do this without Scaleform and Coding? Because we don't have anyone with that skills in our team yet.

Thanks in advance!

Hmm, the only solution I could think about without using scaleform and Excessive coding would still need some coding, and that is to animate the letter so it turns towards the camera and stays at a set distance over time.

And if you implement Scaleform this kind of thing will be very easy to do.

Comment

The same way yo will do with a UIScene, you can attach a OpenGFxMovie to the trigger.

The GFxMovie you can use is just a swf file where you put a background image, wich will be the letter. Some sort of coding you will need if you want it to zoom, but if it's right for you just to popup, maybe it will work.

Comment

Originally posted by Beakman View Post
        The same way yo will do with a UIScene, you can attach a OpenGFxMovie to the trigger.

The GFxMovie you can use is just a swf file where you put a background image, wich will be the letter. Some sort of coding you will need if you want it to zoom, but if it's right for you just to popup, maybe it will work.
        that might be right, on trigger: loadup the Swf movie in kismet and display it on screen, when you release the trigger, unload the swf or hide it, just needs some basic kismet scripting

Comment

ok thanks! Sounds like an easy and good solution so I'll give it a try. Thanks again!

Comment

ok I have a flash movie now. Imported it already.

In Kismet I have set up the following:

Trigger_0 Used --> Open GFx Movie In

I have loaded the .swf into the GFx Movie Object but when I use the trigger nothing happens. Did I miss something?

Comment

solved it! The radius of the trigger was too small to activate it.

Comment

Working...
              X