Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keeping a movie clip on top of gfx dialog box?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keeping a movie clip on top of gfx dialog box?

Hello, I am trying to get the gfx dialog box to be not the highest depth, I would like to have the mouse cursor on top always. This mouse cursor is a movie clip. i have tried to swap the depths and all those cheap as2 tricks of getting the mouse on the top. I was wondering if I had to go back in and edit the gfx code to get this to change? I am just on a tight time schedule and dont want to spend hours trying to do this.

Thanks for your help!

-Phara0h

The quickest, easiest solution is to place all or your movie clips in a single large movie clip container, except for the mouse. Both the mouse movie clip and the movie clip container should exist on the _root, with the mouse on the layer above it.

You can also set the mouse movie clip's topmostLevel property to true.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Doyle View Post
      The quickest, easiest solution is to place all or your movie clips in a single large movie clip container, except for the mouse. Both the mouse movie clip and the movie clip container should exist on the _root, with the mouse on the layer above it.

You can also set the mouse movie clip's topmostLevel property to true.
      This is in your guys, Dialog.as
      Code:
      PopUpManager.createPopUp(context, "PopUpModal", {_x:0, _y:0})
      My debuger is saying it can not find "PopUpModal" what do I need to do to get that, so my reference is not null?

Comment

Hi Phara0h.

I don't know if you would like to try this method, but works for my cursor.

Go to your flash movie and place your pointer on a layer above all your gfx panels one:

Layers
        MousePointer------------------------MouseMClip
        Panel01-----------------------------OtherContent

I noticed that the layer order stablished in Flash is kept while exporting to UDK.

To deal with dynamic created content, I'm planning to use empty movie clips on some layers to after create widgets inside then (keeping the layer order stablished on Flash).

Hope it helps. ^^

Comment

Originally posted by creasso View Post
          Hi Phara0h.

I don't know if you would like to try this method, but works for my cursor.

Go to your flash movie and place your pointer on a layer above all your gfx panels one:

Layers
          MousePointer------------------------MouseMClip
          Panel01-----------------------------OtherContent

I noticed that the layer order stablished in Flash is kept while exporting to UDK.

To deal with dynamic created content, I'm planning to use empty movie clips on some layers to after create widgets inside then (keeping the layer order stablished on Flash).

Hope it helps. ^^
          Yea my mouse pointer was all ready in a layer by its self with it being the highest. :/ thanks for the help though!

Comment

Well, I just put it on the stage and make it invisible instead of dynamically spawning it. O well. lol

Comment

I gave you the solution in my post.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Doyle View Post
                I gave you the solution in my post.
                In the most abstract way possible I guess.

Comment

Working...
                X