Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by tomacmuni View Post
    This custom kismet node for SetTextField ... can there be a similar custom node for GetTextField to capture the string that a player has entered into a text field when they press Enter or an Ok button?
    - I can't find information on how to get the user string and store it as a variable that could then be sent off to a config file.
    Nevermind, I figured it out.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Does this work for AS3 as well? I cant seem to get it work with right Kismet Setup Oo

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This custom kismet node for SetTextField ... can there be a similar custom node for GetTextField to capture the string that a player has entered into a text field when they press Enter or an Ok button?
    - I can't find information on how to get the user string and store it as a variable that could then be sent off to a config file.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks, Matt - you're a lifesaver! The delay did it

Leave a comment:

• replied
    In that case, you should try a few other things:

1. Add a short delay (New Action->Misc->Delay) in between the Open Gfx Movie success & the Set TextField node. (1/10th of a second (0.1) should do fine)
    2. Determine if you are using a CLIK textfield with Set TextField or a standard Flash textfield. Only a standard Flash textfield works with this node. If you want to use a CLIK textfield, use the other CLIK version of the script from the tutorial.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hmm...I guess I did. Here's my Kismet setup for the trigger:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That is probably because you haven't done the Kismet setup correctly. Have you attached the movie player variable? Review the tutorial.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hmmm...I set up a SWF containing a textfield. It lives on _root, but the text doesn't change, when using the script and setting a text via Kismet. I double-checked, that I used the right instance name in Kismet. Any idea what might be wrong? Tried it since yesterday, but I cannot find the problem.

The log file shows the following:
    Code:
    [0031.16] ScriptWarning: Accessed None 'TextField'
    	GFxAction_DisplayMessage UEDPIELVL-TestRoom.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.Main_Sequence.Mysterious_Knocks.GFxAction_DisplayMessage_0
    	Function GFxUI.GFxAction_DisplayMessage:Activated:0067
    So it seems like the textfield has not been found. But it's there and it lives on the root timeline...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Tested in August 2011. Works just fine.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This script may no longer work in the latest UDK. I haven't had a chance to check it out yet.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Didn't notice it doesn't work for HUDs...next time I better pay more attention

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I would like to know how you got it working. I'm really frustrated, because I got no single localization implementation to work and I almost read through the whole Unreal Script Refenrence on UDN! So I was looking for alternatives and found this Kismet actions, but it's no use, the textfields just won't change.
    I took the "CLIK_tutorial_unskinned.fla" from Development\Flash\CLIK\tutorial and gave the "Main Menu" Text an instance name, I tried others, too. Published for AS 2.0, Flash Player 8, imported the swf file into my package and hooked up the nodes in Kismet as seen on the image, but without the trigger. Instead I connected the 'Success' of the "Open Gfx Movie" (and others, because it failed) with the 'In' of "Set Textfield"/"Set CLIK TextField". As "Text Field Path" I entered "_root.myTextField" (myTextField being the instance name). I guessed I should reference the movie in the object variable, that is commented as "SWF" in the image. But neither PIE, nor the udk.exe got it working. I tried different gametypes for my custom map and, well, I have the feeling I tried everything else!

I'm desperate, because I need this for a project I'm supposed to deliver, but failing at such odds and ends.
    Is this still working with the august 2011 udk?! Does somebody have a working example map and swf that implements it? My last guess is, that the textfields aren't recognized or exported properly to the swf file, because nothing I tried did the trick.

Edit: I will now check out the sandbox files and report back if necessary. Big thanks to you, Matthew!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ok thanks at first, i take a look at the examples

Edit : ok thanks so much , it works now

Leave a comment:

• replied
    There is a sample Flash file with textfields in the UDK Development/Flash/tutorials/ directory.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i get no errors but the text is not changing

Edit : is it possible that u upload a example flash file anywhere ?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X