No announcement yet.

Custom Kismet Action - Set TextField

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't notice it doesn't work for HUDs...next time I better pay more attention

Comment

This script may no longer work in the latest UDK. I haven't had a chance to check it out yet.

Comment

Tested in August 2011. Works just fine.

Comment

Hmmm...I set up a SWF containing a textfield. It lives on _root, but the text doesn't change, when using the script and setting a text via Kismet. I double-checked, that I used the right instance name in Kismet. Any idea what might be wrong? Tried it since yesterday, but I cannot find the problem.

The log file shows the following:
          Code:
          [0031.16] ScriptWarning: Accessed None 'TextField'
          	GFxAction_DisplayMessage UEDPIELVL-TestRoom.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.Main_Sequence.Mysterious_Knocks.GFxAction_DisplayMessage_0
          	Function GFxUI.GFxAction_DisplayMessage:Activated:0067
          So it seems like the textfield has not been found. But it's there and it lives on the root timeline...

Comment

That is probably because you haven't done the Kismet setup correctly. Have you attached the movie player variable? Review the tutorial.

Comment

Hmm...I guess I did. Here's my Kismet setup for the trigger:

Comment

In that case, you should try a few other things:

1. Add a short delay (New Action->Misc->Delay) in between the Open Gfx Movie success & the Set TextField node. (1/10th of a second (0.1) should do fine)
                2. Determine if you are using a CLIK textfield with Set TextField or a standard Flash textfield. Only a standard Flash textfield works with this node. If you want to use a CLIK textfield, use the other CLIK version of the script from the tutorial.

Comment

Thanks, Matt - you're a lifesaver! The delay did it

Comment

This custom kismet node for SetTextField ... can there be a similar custom node for GetTextField to capture the string that a player has entered into a text field when they press Enter or an Ok button?
                    - I can't find information on how to get the user string and store it as a variable that could then be sent off to a config file.

Comment

Does this work for AS3 as well? I cant seem to get it work with right Kismet Setup Oo

Comment

Originally posted by tomacmuni View Post
                        This custom kismet node for SetTextField ... can there be a similar custom node for GetTextField to capture the string that a player has entered into a text field when they press Enter or an Ok button?
                        - I can't find information on how to get the user string and store it as a variable that could then be sent off to a config file.
                        Nevermind, I figured it out.

Comment

Working...
                        X