Creating a Mouse Cursor in the HUD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    You've not ended a line of code with a semi-colon somewhere. You need to crawl through your code checking each line for semi-colons if no line number is given.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    When I try to compile this part

simulated function PostBeginPlay()
    {
    super.PostBeginPlay();

// Your HUD instantiation code here...

// Stage.originalRect contains the original width and height of the SWF file.
    // Replace HudMovie with the name of your instantiated HUD.
    HudMovieSize = HudMovie.GetVariableObject("Stage.originalRect");

MouseInterfacePlayerInput = MouseInterfacePlayerInput(PlayerOwner.PlayerInput) ;
    }
    An error is given "Missing ';' before'('

????

What is causing this?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Matt, is it still possible to do this comment thing that you wrote about a year ago? Neither I nor visual studio can find this line in any of the .ini files.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I figured out what it was, I was not updating the class as the used hud in my gameinfo class. The command could not be found because it was not part of the build.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    error

When I try to run this console command that is an exec function it says "command not recognized" only when the exec function is in "game player controller" does it work.

What could I be doing wrong?

Thank you very much

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Code:
    ConsoleCommand("open BT-Test?game=BetterTech.BTGame?NumPlay=8?name=EnderWiggins");
    Works fine from a movie player.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    console command

That is the problem that I am having. When I run a console command with the name of the exec function it won't run. I get an error(Command Not Recognized) and nothing happens. It says that it can't recognize the command. When I run the exec function from the GamePlayerController, however, it works fine, but I can't access the functions from that class.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ConsoleCommand ...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    How are exec functions run from the hudwrapper? When I try to run an exec function that is in a class extending the wrapper it says "command not recognized". I can only run an exec function from the playercontroller. Is there something that I am supposed to do to enable exec functions to run in classes other than my playercontroller?

Thank you very much.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for mentioning the Cursor class I made.

I did have plans to update it and release all the other nice little scaleform components I made but I have been away from the scene since last November due to family issues.

It made my day to see my class being pimped out as a possible solution

Thanks !

Leave a comment:

• replied
    No. I've just gone through the tutorial again to be sure it's still working, and it is. If it's not working for you, then you've possibly missed something or not done something correctly as stated. My best advice to you is to go through each step again, and ensure you follow it to the letter. Everything you need to know is written in the tut.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I followed your tutorial but dont have a visible mouse. Do i need to do anything else that u didnt happen to mention in the tutorial to get my mouse to show up? Do i need to call it in another class or use Kismet or something like that?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi all

I am having some trouble following the first mouse cursor tutorial posted by Matt.

I followed the instructions to the letter to implement the mouse in flash, as well as to get it working in the UDK.

However, the mouse doesn't appear when testing the swf in the FxMediaPlayer, I can click the buttons, the mouse just isn't visible. Also when I test the file in game, the menu doesn't appear at all.

Now if I remove all of the mouse stuff from the flash file, the menu works fine, both in the FxMediaPlayer, and ingame.

I am getting this error in the log file when I run the game:
    Code:
    Log: FGFxEngine::LoadMovieDef Error - failed to get info about / package/Folder1/Folder2/MenuFile

Log: FGFxEngine::LoadMovie Error - failed to create a movie from 'Folder1/Folder2/MenuFile'

ScriptWarning: Accessed None 'RootMC'

//this warning is refering to the CreateMouseCursor function in my GFxMoviePlayer file

Script Warning: Accessed None 'MouseCursor'
    // refering to my start function in my GFxMoviePlayer class
    Any suggestions would be much appreciated, its driving me crazy!!!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello Matt,

When I'm trying to do a deproject for the mouse position that get collected from the mouse cursor (SWF), the result will be unrealistic and thus my player will not rotate toward my cursor location correctly?

Sorry forgot to say that I'm doing an Isometric camera game and I want the player to look at the cursor position.

But it seams that I can't directly deproject the values that I'm getting from the SWF mouse position

Is there any solution for this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi Matt,

I solve the problem, now I can see the mouse cursor.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X