Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

mouse click on HUD also clicking to map. How to disable map click?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mouse click on HUD also clicking to map. How to disable map click?

First of all, i didnt find this answer by search.

I have HUD made with Scaleform, and when i play and click on icons and buttons in this HUD i also clicking on map (or on map objects) (or on other world).

How to disable it?

My click events are catch in player input and not in flash!
    Mouse cursor - it is a flash object!

i want:
    1. when i click on HUD buttons - then i click only on HUD buttons and not on map too.
    2. when i click on map - i click on map only.

tnx

It seems to me that what you would need to do is if your movie is full screen, set it up to take all mouse input, and pass off whatever it doesn't make use of.

You set the movie to take input, by setting bCaptureInput = True. If you are doing this, already, and it's still passing through, then you need to make sure that you don't pass through input that you're handling in Flash.

Comment

Blade[UG] tnx for answer!

my HUD class has:
      Code:
      bIgnoreMouseInput = TRUE
      bCaptureInput = TRUE
      bPauseGameWhileActive = FALSE
      bDisplayWithHudOff = FALSE
      but when i click on button then also click function in UnrealScript is executed.
      so i want my HUD catch click on button and US function to not be executed then

then you need to make sure that you don't pass through input that you're handling in Flash.
      how to check it and what to check? .. i didnt understand what did you mean me to check...

Comment

What is being called in unrealscript? How? If you turn on bCaptureInput, the flash will take all input. If you don't, it won't.

bIgnoreMouseInput and bCaptureInput? That doesn't sound like it will work together well at all..

Comment

Originally posted by Blade[UG] View Post
          What is being called in unrealscript? How?
          when i click on mouse button:
          1.1. i have no functions in AS in flash..
          1.2. all flash buttons and click events are in UScript
          2. in UScript in player input i have exec function when i press mouse button
          3. i click on mouse button and at same time it calls 2 functions: one in swfmovie class and second is in player input class.

bIgnoreMouseInput and bCaptureInput? That doesn't sound like it will work together well at all..
          i tried any other combinations and nothing works fine...

Comment

Try turning off bIgnoreMouseInput in your hud class

Comment

tried already but same thing

Comment

seems you should require an if statement to see if what you clicked in worldinfo/mesh or gfxobject

Comment

i click both at same time

Comment

if it's bCaptureInput, then the movie is getting it. If it's not, then it's not.

This makes no sense to me.

Comment

it's in theory but in practice is not...

maybe Matt Doyle or Steve Polge or ffejnosliw can say anything about it?

also. in practice, how all of you are dividing clicks to HUD or to world?
                      1. Are you capturing all input inside flash and then send it to US?
                      2. Or world input are captured in US input or controller class and flash input are captured in US movie classes too?
                      3. Or world input are captured in US input or controller class and flash input are captured in flash and then sent to US?

Comment

In the one case where I'm doing that, I have a function in the Actionscript that intercepts an input, and calls an UnrealScript function that toggles bCaptureInput. When it's True, all input goes to the movie, when it's false, all input goes to Unreal ..

Comment

so, Blade[UG], thats understood, tnx.

When it's True, all input goes to the movie
                          and in AS you calls external US functions, right?

when it's false, all input goes to Unreal ..
                          then you have some exec functions in US which are called at mouse input beign, right?

if everything is right, then i haves same construction, but id does'nt works for me

Comment

Working...
                          X