Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacing EnvyEntry.udk with custom load screen

Hi all,

Surprised nothing showed up in search on this. I am simply trying to replace the default UDK loading screen with my own graphic. I had edited DefaultEngine.ini and changed the line:

TransitionMap=EnvyEntry.udk

My .udk overlay is located in a sub-folder within the Content folder:

C:\UDK\UDK-2010-08\UDKGame\Content\MyGame\Maps

So I wonder if I need to include the file path in the TransitionMap line or if UDK will automatically scan all Content subfolders and find the file?

Even when I remove the EnvyEntry.udk file it still loads up the default load screen.

What am I missing?

Thanks for any tips!

full recompile might help

open frontend, click the arrow next to make select full recompile, let it finish, retry game.

Comment

EnvyEntry is simply an empty map that the game loads inbetween other loads, so that it has a world (basically). The stock load screens are bink movies, and are specified in one of the INI files. If you'd like to use something other than the bink movies, you'll need to disable the load movies in your INI file, and bring up some other screen, before issuing the command to move levels.

Comment

Thank you both for the suggestions.

A full recompile did not work and I haven't been able to find the INI file that calls on the Bink load movies. I went through all the plausibly-named INI files based on a search for the ".bik" file extension.

If it's simply a line inside of an INI that controls this, I'd be grateful for another hint.
        Thank you.

Comment

In DefaultEngine.ini, under the [FullScreenMmovie] section, you should see:
          Code:
          +LoadMapMovies=UDKFrontEnd.udk_loading
          That adds a movie to use for loading. You could replace that with your own or even add additional movies with multiple lines starting with +LoadMapMovies. I assume it would choose one at random with the default system, but I don't know for sure.

Comment

Thanks!
            In UDK 08, the line in DefaultEngine.ini is:

+LoadMapMovies=UT_loadmovie2

This calls the video located at: C:\UDK\UDK-2010-08\UDKGame\Movies
            I'll just need to create my own Bink video and overwrite "UT_loadmovie2.bik"

Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by ffejnosliw View Post
              In DefaultEngine.ini, under the [FullScreenMmovie] section, you should see:
              Code:
              +LoadMapMovies=UDKFrontEnd.udk_loading
              That adds a movie to use for loading. You could replace that with your own or even add additional movies with multiple lines starting with +LoadMapMovies. I assume it would choose one at random with the default system, but I don't know for sure.
              that line looks like you guys have implemented scaleform loading screens - when will we get the code?

Comment

Originally posted by TOP-Proto View Post
                that line looks like you guys have implemented scaleform loading screens - when will we get the code?
                Don't know why you say that. That's just the name of the bink movie used for the loading screens. It's right there in the current UDK.

Comment

boo UDK-2010-09\UDKGame\Flash\UDKFrontEnd\udk_loading.swf would be built into the udkfrontend.upk under udk_loading so i just assumed thats what UDKFrontEnd.udk_loading was.

coupled with an odd comment in the source about GFXGameViewportClient im just hoping to see it replace bik loaders very soon

Comment

sorry friend but if i want to have multiple movies and add here how can i understand whichone will load in between of certain level? thank you for helping

Comment

Working...
                    X