Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does a FLA files library effect things in game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How does a FLA files library effect things in game?

With regards to game usage, is it bad to have unused stuff in the FLA's library?

Afaik its ok to have unused stuff inside packages. The only thing that hits the performance is when you load or keep an .swf inside the memory without using it. The udk only loads content that is required for the level from a package not the complete package. So as long as you dont have any unseen reference inside your scripts or level that unused content wont be loaded.

But of course you should remove any unused content before you release it.

Comment

Yeah, I know how the packages work.... what I was wondering was about extra stuff in the FLA library that isn't used. Does it get compiled into the SWF and therefore into the UDK package?

Comment

Ohh ok sry. I've asked the same question years before at the adobe forums and they said NO, as long as you don't have any reference to unused stuff inside your action-script the content will be excluded. I'm not sure but i don't think that they have changed it over the last years, it doesn't make that much sense to keep unused content.

Comment

If Export for ActionScript is checked and a linkage ID set, it will be exported even if it isn't on the stage. This is so you can use library stuff via ActionScript calls.

Comment

Great... thanks guys.

Comment

Working...
            X