Timing mode in pause menu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timing mode in pause menu

I've ran into some issues when creating my pause menu.

If I want the swf file used for the pause menu to ignore the games pause events and keep on updating when everything else is paused I can use the function SetTimingMode in the GFXMoviePlayer and set it to TM_Real instead of TM_Game.

Problem is that with TM_Real the swf file is played at a faster speed then what I specified that it should run in. And thus messing with my animations. If I am using TM_Game then the swf file won't update while the game is paused ( which it will be when the pause menu is up and running )

So it kinda feels like I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't ^^

How have you guys solved this problem?

As far as I know there is no problem here. The UDK front end pause menu plays at the appropriate speed, set to TM_Real. If your pause menu is playing too fast, you can always extend the animation lengths in Flash or change the document's fps.

Comment

Ah I just found my problem!

Apparently setting the timemode after the call to Start( ) of the affected movieclip messes with it somehow. Setting the time mode before that solved my problem.

Makes sense that it works that way, just a bit strange the way it acted when I changed the timemode after the init call. I logged each frame to see at what speed it was updating and I got values like 16, 0 ,0 repeatedly, really strange.

But as I said, the problem was fixed by calling SetTimingMode earlier.

Thank you for your input though!

//
      Stefan

Comment

Working...
      X