Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Text with gradient

Hi guys

I'm trying to display a text with a gradient, but I had no success so far. I tried to use the text as a mask, but scaleform seems to use the stencil buffer as the mask, so we have jagged edges (the anti-alias from the font texture is lost). I tried also lots of blend modes (multiply, screen, darken, etc) and layer order, without success too.
    Does anybody have a solution for this?

Thanks in advance
    Coluna

Yeah that's a tough one to solve. Gradients on text are only achievable that I know of by either using the text as a mask over a gradient filled object, by turning the text into shapes in Flash, or by creating the text in Photoshop and using it as a bitmap image in Flash. But if you turn it into shapes you can no longer edit the text.

Comment

Thanks for the answer. My texts are localized, so I cannot transform them into shapes in Flash. Is there a way to do that in run-time, when the widget is loaded?

Coluna

Comment

Not that I know of.

Comment

Ouch...but thanks for fast reply. See ya!

Comment

Just curious, have you tried using a movieclips bitmapdata to draw the text into a new clip and then using that as your mask? The same way you'd do a programmatic alpha gradient?

Comment

Working...
            X