X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by rjmyth View Post
    *snipped*
    edit: also on a side note, is it possible to put a material which uses this render texture onto the hud, so far ive only managed it with the rendertexture but it doesnt like the cast to material.
    I actually hacked my way through this. I have my first Scene capture 2d actor that points to my talking characters, linked to a Render texture target 2d that is used in a material, which is applied to a plane.
    I have another scene capture 2d camera actor pointing to that plane...the second one has the hud's RTT (in matts case, portraitRT) lined to it.So the hud will see what ever the plane is showing

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You have no idea how helpful this was to my project

Leave a comment:

• replied
    So I can't get this to work at out. Has anyone else had issues and needed to find work-arounds? I literally copied and pasted the code and I am extending GFxMoviePlayer. I named all the flash components properly (using the AS2 version to incorporate with my existing HUD) and the flash file works, the code compiled without errors and the TexterRenderTarget2D is displaying the camera view I set up. The only problem is that the flash movieclip (or PNG file) is not getting the image rendered on it. I even see the texture from flash because I set it as a noticable color. I followed the video tutorial too. Seems like there is one issue missing...

Any thoughts?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I am trying to display the texture in HUD, but I couldn't actually got it to display.

Can you give me little more idea on how the unrealscript part of this works. I made the swf file as suggested in video but I don't know how to like my uc file.

Thanks in advance.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    There is a really easy way, If you can get that gun into the game as a skeletal mesh put it on the ground somewhere and put it on a rotating loop with matinee, Then put it in a room that is completely green and use a chroma key to green screen it so you just get a movie of a gun rotating with a completely transparent background with a piece of software called sony vegas or adobe after effects, then you want to make that movie a flv file and put it straight into your HUD in flash, Make sure it is the highest layer so it shows above the other components in your flash file tell me if it works I might do that myself it sounds pretty awesome if you ask me...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by kenniston View Post
    Hi Matt!

I can't use SetExternalTexture with Material. Do you know another way to remove the background from TextureRenderTarget2D like color key or chroma
    key?

I want to show my character on inventory without "black" background.

Thanks,

Kenniston.
    Originally posted by Bozor View Post
    I have the same question as Kenniston. How to render some meshes in a texture without the background ?

I also don't understand how to render something in a chosen clip. In my inventory, I have as many clip as slot in it. I want to render each object in each clip... But I don't have do necessary ****** yet before asking ^^.
    As Matt stated before:

"Your other option would be to render out the gun as a png image sequence, then import those into Flash and animate them on the timeline. This has the benefit of allowing you to alpha out the areas around the gun in Photoshop. "

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have the same question as Kenniston. How to render some meshes in a texture without the background ?

I also don't understand how to render something in a chosen clip. In my inventory, I have as many clip as slot in it. I want to render each object in each clip... But I don't have do necessary ****** yet before asking ^^.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Matt Doyle View Post
    Thats a good question - one I don't know the answer to. I'm not entirely sure if you could use SetExternalTexture to display a material, but I'd say just try it out and see what happens.
    Hi Matt!

I can't use SetExternalTexture with Material. Do you know another way to remove the background from TextureRenderTarget2D like color key or chroma
    key?

I want to show my character on inventory without "black" background.

Thanks,

Kenniston.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    What I wonder is if it's possible to use the thumbnails that the editor uses of actors. They aren't 3d or animated, but similar. Also this method requires each map to have a special "inventory area", might there be a way around this?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thats a good question - one I don't know the answer to. I'm not entirely sure if you could use SetExternalTexture to display a material, but I'd say just try it out and see what happens.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    any idea if its possible to use a material insteda of texture on the scaleform HUD? the way i was thinking was doing the animations in flash for the hud but if i could use a material it would be alot simpler.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    thank you worked quite well. i thought it was something to do with my properties in udk itself i may have missed.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    the image itself on the hud is very see through
    I believe there is a work-around for this transparency issue:
    1. Select the movie clip containing the texture to be replaced by the SceneCapture2DActor image.
    2. Set the Color Effect to Advanced.
    3. Set Alpha (xA +) to 255
    4. Save, Publish, and Reimport.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i got this working so that i can have characters faces on the ui for talking sequances. it works fine apart form the image itself on the hud is very see through and doesnt just give an exact picture of the camera view. i cant figure out why, or what settings are affecting this exactly.

the way i have it set up there is some geometry with the material on which shows the 2dcapture footage, and the hud should show exactly the same thing. the geometry one works perfectly well.

edit: also on a side note, is it possible to put a material which uses this render texture onto the hud, so far ive only managed it with the rendertexture but it doesnt like the cast to material.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah, it's possible. All you need to do is attach the capture actor to the player and you are good to go. The capture actor is a camera so it can be dynamic and moved just as any other dynamic actor can.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X