No announcement yet.

Display a static or skeletal mesh?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the same question as Kenniston. How to render some meshes in a texture without the background ?

I also don't understand how to render something in a chosen clip. In my inventory, I have as many clip as slot in it. I want to render each object in each clip... But I don't have do necessary ****** yet before asking ^^.

Comment

Originally posted by kenniston View Post
      Hi Matt!

I can't use SetExternalTexture with Material. Do you know another way to remove the background from TextureRenderTarget2D like color key or chroma
      key?

I want to show my character on inventory without "black" background.

Thanks,

Kenniston.
      Originally posted by Bozor View Post
      I have the same question as Kenniston. How to render some meshes in a texture without the background ?

I also don't understand how to render something in a chosen clip. In my inventory, I have as many clip as slot in it. I want to render each object in each clip... But I don't have do necessary ****** yet before asking ^^.
      As Matt stated before:

"Your other option would be to render out the gun as a png image sequence, then import those into Flash and animate them on the timeline. This has the benefit of allowing you to alpha out the areas around the gun in Photoshop. "

Comment

There is a really easy way, If you can get that gun into the game as a skeletal mesh put it on the ground somewhere and put it on a rotating loop with matinee, Then put it in a room that is completely green and use a chroma key to green screen it so you just get a movie of a gun rotating with a completely transparent background with a piece of software called sony vegas or adobe after effects, then you want to make that movie a flv file and put it straight into your HUD in flash, Make sure it is the highest layer so it shows above the other components in your flash file tell me if it works I might do that myself it sounds pretty awesome if you ask me...

Comment

I am trying to display the texture in HUD, but I couldn't actually got it to display.

Can you give me little more idea on how the unrealscript part of this works. I made the swf file as suggested in video but I don't know how to like my uc file.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

So I can't get this to work at out. Has anyone else had issues and needed to find work-arounds? I literally copied and pasted the code and I am extending GFxMoviePlayer. I named all the flash components properly (using the AS2 version to incorporate with my existing HUD) and the flash file works, the code compiled without errors and the TexterRenderTarget2D is displaying the camera view I set up. The only problem is that the flash movieclip (or PNG file) is not getting the image rendered on it. I even see the texture from flash because I set it as a noticable color. I followed the video tutorial too. Seems like there is one issue missing...

Any thoughts?

Comment

You have no idea how helpful this was to my project

Comment

Originally posted by rjmyth View Post
                *snipped*
                edit: also on a side note, is it possible to put a material which uses this render texture onto the hud, so far ive only managed it with the rendertexture but it doesnt like the cast to material.
                I actually hacked my way through this. I have my first Scene capture 2d actor that points to my talking characters, linked to a Render texture target 2d that is used in a material, which is applied to a plane.
                I have another scene capture 2d camera actor pointing to that plane...the second one has the hud's RTT (in matts case, portraitRT) lined to it.So the hud will see what ever the plane is showing

Comment

Working...
                X