Adobe Flash Builder 4 Standard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adobe Flash Builder 4 Standard

I've asked this before with people saying "why wouldn't it work with Scaleform GFx?". But now that people have played around with this some more I'll ask again: can I create Scaleform scenes into UDK with Adobe Flash Builder 4?

If not, what tools do work? Also, is pure ActionScript supported? Any tools to preview ActionScript before importing to UDK?

I have never used Flash Builder 4, so I can't answer that question, but pure AS will work just fine. You can write AS in Notepad (Notepad++) or any IDE that supports it such as NetBeans or Flash Develop.

Comment

Flash Builder 4 is AS3 and I don't think the current version of Scaleform supports AS3.

I believe Scaleform is working on AS3 support though.

Comment

You are correct. GFx 4.0 will feature AS3. I can't give you an exact date, but the planned release of 4.0 is supposed to be before the year is up.

Comment

its been a long time coming too. I used scaleform with Crytek engine and the compatibility spreadsheet was already signifying gfx 4.0 support.

Part of me cant wait but another part of me is fine with the as3.0 style implementation currently used. The only thing missing is a DocumentClass for the root clip but that can be done with some registerClass work. Messy but do-able.
          I remember in Crytek version of scaleform you had to define a root seperate from the actual _root. I never really figured out why but presumed it was to avoid the lack of documentclass.

Comment

How would the workflow change if I used pure ActionScript? Is it just like making HTML and CSS (webpage coding): you can code it yourself (in an IDE), but you could also use tools like Dreamweaver to create the page code (a program generates the code)?

Comment

Working...
            X