So is Scaleform Lobby...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So is Scaleform Lobby...

is Scaleform: UDK version able to make a lobby for our UDK game?

Be more specific please.

Comment

In other words, are you able to create a multiplayer lobby with the version of Scaleform that is included with UDK.

Can you make a lobby for your game and have your game installed on several other computers, over the internet, and be able to join someone's game that they host on their dedicated server? This game that I'm creating I want people to be able to play multiplayer, over the internet, a lot like Unreal Tournament.

Comment

UDK has every class included in UT3.
        Icluding the concept between Client and Server
        Also GFX ScaleForm is addon to create rich UI in UDK or UnrealEngine3 just that and interact with your game also.
        Creating your Game on UDK you have a tool to compile and generate a Installer for it where you can share over the web if non-commercial purpose. But all your content needs to be created by you. You cannot use packages from Unreal Tournament3 on UDK.
        If you plan to sell your game you need read and check the terms in the License page from the UDK website.

So you need create your level, create your characters, create animations from your characters, weapons , vehicles, plants, particles, networking comunication , etc, etc

All is up to you if you can handle this alone or in a team with your friends.

Comment

Its not Scaleform that creates Client Server game. It's UDK classes that do this and you will need to learn how to do that.

Comment

[SHOT]http://www.forecourse.com/YES.jpg[/SHOT]

Yes, yes you can.

Comment

Its, just Like I said. ScaleForm is for create a UI for your Multiplayer Game. All the interaction will be passing values and calling functions from UnrealScript and Scaleform

Comment

As Allar has clearly demonstrated, making a multiplayer lobby is entirely possible with Scaleform GFx and UDK. But it isn't a beginner level task. My advice would be (in order):

1. Learn the UDK tools (editor, kismet, etc.)
                2. Learn UnrealScript (and learn from the UDK scripts already written)
                3. Learn the Flash IDE.
                4. Learn ActionScript.

Of course, you can take a learn as you go approach, and build your menu as you learn how to do it. It all depends upon what works best for your particular learning style.

Comment

Originally posted by cyberwillis View Post
                  You cannot use packages from Unreal Tournament3 on UDK.
                  Not true, read the license again.

Comment

Ok ..
                    I dont see why I need to discuss this here where the questions was another.
                    So I am here updating what I was trying to say before, now with some facts extracted from license as Crusha K.Rool told me.

Q: Can I release a noncommercial game that uses the “Unreal Tournament 3” assets included with UDK?

A: Yes. You can use UT3 assets included with UDK for a noncommercial game, but not UT3 assets not included with UDK.

Q: Can I release a commercial game that uses the “Unreal Tournament 3” assets included with UDK?

A: Yes, with one exception. You may not release anything marked as a SkeletalMesh in the Content Browser in a commercial UDK application.

Thats ALL I was trying to say.
                    Create your own content.!!!

Comment

And more a little more update just to clarify

Q: If I make a .udk level file, which contains no UT3 assets but only custom made content by me, I'm not allowed to share that .udk file with anyone else?

A: There is nothing in the UDK EULA preventing you from freely sharing your custom, original work with others.

Q: If I port my UT3 total conversion mod into UDK successfully, but my custom weapon's code is largely identical to that of the Translocator from UT3, is it still legal for me to release my UDK game as a free non-commercial download or does that still violate the EULA?

A: UTGame script code is not considered part of the restricted asset set. You may freely use it in your UDK application as you see fit.

Q: Can I release a noncommercial game that uses the “Unreal Tournament 3” assets included with UDK?

A: Yes. You can use UT3 assets included with UDK for a noncommercial game, but not UT3 assets not included with UDK.

Comment

Is there a way of taking the existing GFx UDK menu and editing specific parts of it, because I cannot create a menu with server browser from scratch, because I lack UnrealScript knowledge and do not know where to start...

Comment

start with the task you need to acheive first. Most programmers who go into something learn a few basics and then learn as they go. There is too much information to learn otherwise.

You could start with editing the UDK files and tutorials if you want to know how Epic used Scaleform. You dont have to start with a server browser but if you want to jump in head first start with the examples. Otherwise start basic and add functionality as you go.

Comment

No where do I see a way of editing the main menu of the GFx UnrealTournament default menu. What file can I edit that is of the Main menu from August build?

Comment

Originally posted by LiquidSith View Post
                              No where do I see a way of editing the main menu of the GFx UnrealTournament default menu. What file can I edit that is of the Main menu from August build?
                              I'm actually having the same problem as well, not sure how to edit the main menu, is there anyone can help us? Plz

Comment

Working...
                              X