Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i've followed part 1 to 4 of the Official Scaleform Video Tutorials and i can't get it to work. meaning, the picture won't rotate or increase in size. the picture increasing in size is about the same as in the tutorials, and the scaleform launcher shows its working. i've tried naming everything the same as in the tutorials, didn't work either. tried giving it all my own name and adjust the actionscript for it, didn't work either. is this a common problem?

Comment

Not really no. The tutorials are all confirmed working. You've probably missed a detail somewhere. But, without specifics (error messages, warnings, what your code looks like, etc.), I won't be able to help you figure out what's wrong.

Comment

well, no warnings or errors at all. checked the log as well, nothing happens. i'm pretty sure nothing went wrong in kismet because that was quite easy.

here's the code:
        Code:
        _global.gfxExtensions = true;
        _perspfov = 25;

var keyboardInput:Object = new Object();
        Key.addListener(keyboardInput);

keyboardInput.onKeyDown = function(){
        	var keyPressed:Number = Key.getCode();
        	if(keyPressed == 89){
        		PNGTest._yrotation += 5;
        	   }
        	else if(keyPressed == 85){
        		PNGTest._yrotation -= 5;
        	}
        }

function MyDemoFunction(toggle:Boolean):Void {
        	if(toggle) { PNGTest.gotoAndPlay("on"); }
        	showScores();
        }

function showScores():Void {
        	fscommand("showScores");
        }
        in the properties panel of my movieclip it says PNGTest at the top, and in the library the movieclip is also named PNGTest.

Comment

So, does this work when using the Scaleform launcher in Flash? Does the image rotate, etc.? And it just doesn't work in UDK?

If so, it is more than likely a Kismet issue.

Comment

hmm, seems that restarting the computer did the trick.

yes it worked in flash, and i didn't do anything wrong in kismet

however, when i use the scaleform launcher, the image automatically zooms in, and when it has reached the end, it starts all over again. same in the game now, how would i be able to stop this, because i am guessing that it should stay at frame 1 until i touch the trigger. and i'm new to flash so i don't really know how to do that ^^

edit:
            just added "Stop();" at frame 1 and 30 (first and last frame), with the idea that it doesn't automatically go to the animation and that the animation doesn't loop. would this be correct?

Comment

hmm, seems that restarting the computer did the trick.
              Stranger things have happened!

just added "Stop();" at frame 1 and 30 (first and last frame), with the idea that it doesn't automatically go to the animation and that the animation doesn't loop. would this be correct?
              That is correct.

Comment

Excellent collection of tutorials (especially the video tutorials), but would there be something like an actionscript 2.0 reference specifically involving special functions/keywords made for ScaleForm?

I am the type that works better once he understands what code he is working with (with the general Actionscript and Unrealscript being pretty well covered), but so far I haven't been able to find anything regarding Scaleform specific Actionscript.

Comment

ScaleForm GFX is causing all kinds of usage issues with UDK users.
                  Epic should try to re-introduce the UIScenes again as a second option in UDK.
                  Users can then choose between ScaleForm GFX or UIScenes.

Comment

Is it possible to launch Scaleform without Adobe Flash? Are there any free alternatives? Since I can't afford this Adobe Product it would be important for me to use scaleform without it.

Comment

Scaleform does not need Adobe Flash to be used. You do however need a Flash editor to create content, such as Flash Pro, but you could also use Sothink SWF Quicker.

Comment

*ahem* mr. Doyle, I was wondering if we ever get to see part 5 of the ScaleForm HUD tutorials?

Comment

Thank you very much! It so needed stuff!

Comment

Hello, I`m working in adobe flash cs5, installed in extend manager Scaleform, writing gfxplayer.exe, preference root c:\UDK\...\Clik

, but when I clik in Test with FxMediaPlayer in file CLIK_tutorial_skinned

there are 21 compiler errors and don`t play animation in player.

Also in log 18 errors Get Variable Failed.. What`s can it be?

Comment

hi guys ...
                              i have problem with allar tutorials for creating scaleform menu ....
                              the resolution button not working but in his video it's work good .... how i can solve this problem???
                              thanks....

Comment

I <3 UDK
                                Just installed the Scaleform panel into Flash CS5..
                                I can't wait to learn everything

I would really like to go to Unreal University.
                                Does anyone know there website ? ...or if they have online classes ? ...or classes in Canada ?

Comment

Working...
                                X