X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working with Fonts. Using Sothink, embedded fonts now spits a log full of

Code:
    [0285.96] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'Font None.Digital-7': Failed to find object 'Font None.Digital-7'
    [0285.96] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'Font None.Digital-7': Failed to find object 'Font None.Digital-7'
    Which didn't occur in August, but does now. While I understand you only officially support Adobe FlashPro. Sothink had no drawbacks until this release. Can you look into why a Sothink generated flash file generates all these warnings in October ( and possibly Sept, but I didn't use that version )? The file displays properly, but it's like it's looking for a packaged font first.

Comment

I'm sorry but I don't have Sothink installed, and couldn't tell you what is wrong. If you haven't already, be sure to watch the Fonts tutorial video in the Getting Started with GFX forum post, which explains how to use fonts in UDK. And just make sure you've done everything correctly.

In the future, we may create Sothink specific tutorials, but at this time, it is not a priority.

By the way, where are these error messages occuring? UDK log when you run the game? On import into UDK?

Comment

UDK when running the game ( log ) but only after updating from August to October. In August there were no complaints in the log. I get 1 error for every font location ( same font in 30 places, I get 30 warnings ). The font embedding system is quite different in Sothink. You cannot specify names for the fonts, it's just "Embed" and select a charmap to embed ( simplicity at it's finest ). I have a suspicion that it names them internally with one of the prefixes you've added recently ( most likely $ ) and there is no way to change this.

I've submitted a support ticket with Sothink on the matter as well.

Comment

In the Getting Started with CLIK - 2 tutorial, I get the error
          Code:
          The class or interface 'gfx.controls.Label' could not be loaded.
          Same thing for the button class. Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by juanitudev1 View Post
            In the Getting Started with CLIK - 2 tutorial, I get the error
            Code:
            The class or interface 'gfx.controls.Label' could not be loaded.
            Same thing for the button class. Any ideas?
            Make sure your action script settings are good.

Comment

Mr. Doyle in the first video you mention you'll further demonstrate on how to set up the scaleform launcher flash extension. Can you please elaborate on this?

Comment

k, I'm going to post the directions here. Special thanks to awesome allar:

1) Open Flash (the trial version works just fine for this).

2) Click "help," once it drops down click "manage extensions."

3) Once in 'manage extensions" click "Install."

4) the directory for the scaleform file (Scaleform CLIK.mxp) you want to install is as follows: "C:UDK-2010-11/Binaries/GFx/CLIK Tools/Scaleform CLIK.mxp"

Once you've found the flie, click on it and choose "open" or double click it and the install will begin. Note you have to accept the agreement once the install begins.

Thanks Matt.

Comment

The instructions can be found here as well:

http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/Scale...essional%20CS4

Comment

Perfect!

Thanks so much for these!

Comment

Does actionscript 3 work with Scaleform or is everything done with AS2.0?

Comment

GFx 3.3 is AS 2.0 only. GFx 4.0, which is currently in Alpha, supports AS 2.0 and AS 3.0

Comment

Silly question, where would I go to find out what version I have for future reference? I got the December UDK installed so I'm assuming that's using GFx 3.3

Comment

3.3 is what you have. 4.0 hasn't been released yet. And to clarify, that should have ready 3.3 is AS 2.0 only.

Comment

Another question, this one regarding video 3: Adding SWF to an object. Is there a reason why as I'm moving around, the image becomes blurred (or rather, shakes violently)?

Comment

I have not seen that behavior occur myself.

Comment

Working...
                                X