scaleform hud with flashdevelop [basic tutorial request]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

scaleform hud with flashdevelop [basic tutorial request]

hi, can somebody point me to an tutorial showing how to use scaleform gfx with flashdevelop, or at lease show me some code how can i create button, text field etc. my every attempt endend in build error (already have decent as3 skills :P)

http://www.youtube.com/user/scaleformpress#p/a and plus you need to be using AS2 with flashplayer 8

Comment

Along the same lines, and without hijacking your thread, any tutorials out there on getting flash minigames to work or how to set them up? (eg, ive got a lockpicking minigame made within flash cs3 (yes cs3, i find 4 an overcomplicated nightmare that runs badly on my rig) but when i put it into UDk it loops infinitly and theres little to no documentation on how to transfer the player controller either over to the game or allow you to use the mouse on the swf untill completion then triggering an ingame event, eg, unlocking the door)

Comment

Originally posted by KY2K View Post
        http://www.youtube.com/user/scaleformpress#p/a and plus you need to be using AS2 with flashplayer 8
        and where is flashdevelop here?

anyway, now i wonder if in order to create main menu i have to use CLICK components or regular as2 buttons etc will do?

Comment

hey i only give that link because its a scaleform channel which might include flashdevelop in the future.

And i use as2 buttons in my menu's i just find it easier aint got round to CLIK components yet

Comment

yeh the last vid looks very close to the workflow i use for TA.

in TA we have a fully functional menu driven system working that uses alot of the techniques discribed in the video.

Comment

I suppose you've already known how to set up Scaleform properly in Flash.
              Test this simple code (I'm a newbie to Flash ), it should work.
              I hope it helps.

//In Flash,
              //at flame 0.

import gfx.controls.Button;

var textField_01 : TextField;
              var button_01 : Button;

var container_01 : MovieClip = this.createEmptyMovieClip("container_01", this.getNextHighestDepth());

var container_02 : MovieClip = this.createEmptyMovieClip("container_02", this.getNextHighestDepth());

container_01.createTextField("textField_01", 1, 0, 0, 150, 20);
              container_02.attachMovie("Button", "button_01", this.getNextHighestDepth());

container_01._x = 300;
              container_01._y = 300;
              container_01.textField_01.text = "it works, doesn't it?";
              container_02.button_01.label = "test";

stop();

Comment

Originally posted by drzovil View Post
                I suppose you've already known how to set up Scaleform properly in Flash.
                Test this simple code (I'm a newbie to Flash ), it should work.
                I hope it helps.

//In Flash,
                //at flame 0.

import gfx.controls.Button;

var textField_01 : TextField;
                var button_01 : Button;

var container_01 : MovieClip = this.createEmptyMovieClip("container_01", this.getNextHighestDepth());

var container_02 : MovieClip = this.createEmptyMovieClip("container_02", this.getNextHighestDepth());

container_01.createTextField("textField_01", 1, 0, 0, 150, 20);
                container_02.attachMovie("Button", "button_01", this.getNextHighestDepth());

container_01._x = 300;
                container_01._y = 300;
                container_01.textField_01.text = "it works, doesn't it?";
                container_02.button_01.label = "test";

stop();
                your code works fine.

you need to go to the CLIK_Components.fla file.

in the library find the Button symbol and copy it, and paste it into your .fla file
                also do the same for the TextArea symbol.

when pasting you can delete whatever junk it puts on your scene, and run your code - will work fine.

Comment

oh and you dont need import gfx.controls.Button;

Comment

In the above case, I missed to make clear that the textField is not a CLIK component but a Flash one.

Comment

well it works fine with the 2 components added.

if your using scaleform you need to use the scaleform objects i guess...

Comment

Working...
                      X