Scaleform 3D user interface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scaleform 3D user interface

Hi all, i'm learning this fantastic software implemented in the UDK, but i've found only youtube tutorials on how to import simple menù/buttons, but i'd like to create a 3D menù like the one of Dead Space ( like this at 1.25 min ) but i found nothing.
    There are no tutorial in the official site and i don't know where to search...
    Have you some other info on how to build a 3d menù?

Thank you

That inventory menu shown at 1.25minutes is in the UDK since May. Press F10 when in game to see it.

See GFxProjectedUI.uc in the Development\UTGames\Classes directory

Comment

Originally posted by elmuerte View Post
      That inventory menu shown at 1.25minutes is in the UDK since May. Press F10 when in game to see it.

See GFxProjectedUI.uc in the Development\UTGames\Classes directory
      thank you, but i wish to make a new one by myself, without having programming skill if it's possible, for this cause i'm searching a video tutorial

Comment

You can look at existing code to learn how to do it.
        Then you can start writing your own.
        There is nothing wrong about it - the code itself is a good documentation.

BTW: ScaleForm really rocks.

Comment

Hi guys,
          You can find all the tutorials you are looking for including one for 3Di (3D interface) creation here:
          http://www.youtube.com/user/scaleformpress
          Thanks,
          Greg

Comment

noobish question: Scaleform is a third-party program that we have to buy right? There is no free/integrated version like Speedtree?

...just to be sure...

Comment

There is an integrated version packed with UDK, but you need a Flash editor to make use of it Adobe Flash CS4/CS5 or FlashDevelop should be usable.

Comment

Originally posted by gpcastle View Post
                Hi guys,
                You can find all the tutorials you are looking for including one for 3Di (3D interface) creation here:
                http://www.youtube.com/user/scaleformpress
                Thanks,
                Greg
                fantastic! but i really can't afford to create the actionscript code, i'm only a graphic
                Maybe i can modify an already existing code by modifying values and paths...but not create a new one
                Is that example downloable from somewhere?
                I don't know what version of GFx i have; i have the one inside the UDK (in flash i have installed the Gfx launcher version 1.0.21)

Comment

AS 2 isnt that hard. But what i want to know is can i place meshes inside a UI?

Comment

Working...
                  X