Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scale form flash swf positioning

ive got my flash mov into UDK but i did it through kismet
    im surprised theres no where in kismet to set the movies dimensions or placement.

can i do this through uscript? if so, is it similar to any object placement in HUD or do you have to write it into its own object class file

- im kinda hoping its something i can do within myHud file

thanks,

AFAIK, it takes the whole screen, but I could be wrong (and probably am), But I am wondering about this as well, since I have yet to get this far within development, and the information would be quite useful for when I get to that phase.

Thanks

Comment

you have to move it in your flash editor and then when you like where it is save it and export it to udk

Comment

Ok, Just to get some basic questions out of the way. Lets say we have both the default resolution or the game and the flash file set as 1024x768 and we resize the game. Does the flash get resized proportionally or is there something that needs to be done to make sure it resizes?

Just asking these to get the problems out of the way now, lol. Thank you in advance.

Comment

i think it get resized proportionally im not sure

Comment

doesnt seem right that where your flash mov appears in UDK runtime is determined by where its placed within flash
            there must be way of in code to move it and scale it ?

Comment

subclass GFXMoviePlayer

enum GFxScaleMode
              {
              SM_NoScale,
              SM_ShowAll,
              SM_ExactFit,
              SM_NoBorder
              };

enum GFxAlign
              {
              Align_Center,
              Align_TopCenter,
              Align_BottomCenter,
              Align_CenterLeft,
              Align_CenterRight,
              Align_TopLeft,
              Align_TopRight,
              Align_BottomLeft,
              Align_BottomRight
              };

Those are the available options, you can also set the viewport size for the flash movie.

For left/right side spacing, I would recommend using 2 swf files, one kept to the left, one to the right. The other option ( which seems quite painful ) is to use actionscript to resize/reposition the widgets.

/** Sets the viewport location and size for the movie being played */
              native final function SetViewport(int x, int y, int width, int height);

native final function SetViewScaleMode(GFxScaleMode SM);
              native final function SetAlignment(GFxAlign a);

Comment

ace, cheers for all that, now thats making sense
                i havent got quite into the uscript side of flash movs yet, is it:
                Code:
                class name extends GFXmovieplayer;
                ?

Comment

if you want to have an idea on the uscript side of things give this chap ago

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheCodedMonkey

i followed his tut and it really helped me get a start on scaleform and intergration to UDK via uscript

Comment

oh yeah lol i followed his too

did he show how to set up uscript talking to flash?
                    like a function() in uscript could call an animation in flash?

Comment

Working...
                    X