X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Hi Matt,

I am stuck on video # 5 of the UDK Scaleform Integration tutorials. I am using Flash CS6, setting it to action script 2.0, and UDK 2013-02. I cannot get the set Gfx Captured keys to work. I have my image on the bsp working it just won't respond to pressing Y or U.

here's my code:

//////////////////////////////////////////////

_global.gfxExtensions = true;

_perspfov = 25;

/* The following block of code demonstrates Set GFx Captured Keys */

var keyboardIput:Object = new Object(); // create a new object to hold keyboard input
    Key.addListener(keboardInput); // use the object to listen for a keyboard input

keyboardInput.onKeyDown = function() { // when a key is pressed, execute this function
    var keyPressed:Number = Key.getCode(); // store the keyboard input code inside the variable 'keyPressed'
    if (keyPressed == 89) { // if Y was pressed
    smiley._yrotation += 5; // rotate the object 'interfaceElement' by +5 degrees
    }
    else if (keyPressed == 85) { // if U key is pressed
    smiley._yrotation -= 5; // rotate the object 'interfaceElement' by -5 degrees
    }
    }

/* The following function demonstrates GFx Invoke ActionScript */

function myDemoFunction(toggle:Boolean):Void {
    if(toggle) { smiley.gotoAndPlay("on"); } // if true then play fading animation
    showScores(); // run the playSound function
    }

/*the following function demonstrates the use of FsComands with Unreal */
    function showScores():Void{
    fscommand("showScores"); // send the command 'playSound' to unreal

}

//////////////////////////////////////////////

smiley is the name of my png & swf file

Did I need to do anything for UDK to see the updates I made to the flash file after changing the action script? I reimported the swf file after saving the flash file and publishing.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have some problem. I follow the tutorial, but when I test the game I can't use mouse to select menu. When I move my mouse, my character also look around. I'm really new to UDK. I just want the game to have mouse to select the game menu like it was shown in the tutorial video. Really Thankful for any answer.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    hmm sir can you help me with menus? i already can add the costum menus in kismet and load my game map but when my game map loaded and i want to exit game or when the game ended it just going to udk default menu and not load my costum menu, so how can i fix it??

Leave a comment:

• replied
    China don't access youtube!!!

China don't access youtube!!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thank you very much!listening!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Like That!!! Favorite now

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yes, you can use 3Di extensions on pretty much anything in Flash.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi there!,
    these videos seem extremely helpfull, really!.

I´ve a got a basic plain flash menu setup with only one button invoking an FScommand to load a map...

Id like to ask if the following assumption is correct:

- If I follow the Getting started with CLIK videos to setup a menu using those components, I could later use the 3Di extensions to rotate those same components and convert that menu into the same one but in 3D perspective?

Thanks for all the help, cant wait to get home to try some stuff out with this and get on the road with the menu for my game!

cheers!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    looking forward to the settings menu vid matt - my team want to beat me for not having one implemented yet!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Please be aware that most of our documents are only available to licensees of GFx. The videos were originally created for licensees as well, but we have released them to the public to help you guys out.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    in the videos you refer to the 'getting started with click document'
    where is this?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The video on it is here: http://www.youtube.com/user/scalefor...16/kuEZdxKS3Ns

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ok. So after tons of researchI cant seem to find the 3Di functionality for UDK. I have the august build but is scaleform 3.2+ not available to UDK Users? The reason i ask is because I want to use it to build my main menu for the game me and my Class mates are building for our project for school. I have tried to register at scaleform and am not able to due to my email being a public address.

Please if anyone can help me figure this out i would GREATLY APPRECIATE IT!

Thanks

Pete

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I don't see why not. Give it a try. By the way, I made some adjustments to the code. So you should refresh the post and read the code again.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Cool, thanks! I will give that a try.

Edit[1] can I use GetBool instead of GetString?
    Code:
        MyCheckBox.GetBool("_selected");
    Edit[2] nevermind, I tested it myself and it works

Edit[3] also, as an FYI, I can set the checkbox purely through unrealscript if I use:
    Code:
        MyCheckBox.SetBool("selected", MyBooleanVlaue);

Leave a comment:

Working...
X