Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scaleform UI to be included with UDK! (UPDATED)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheAgent View Post
    one could be both, but there always has to be another :} cant do everything alone.
    There have been some amazing games created by individuals before (modern games, not like in the past when all you needed to do in addition to coding was draw a few sprites). It's rare for one person to be that talented and dedicated, but it can and has been done.

Comment

well i believe so too, i'm working on a game alone, its going pretty well, and i hope to finish this game too, didn't mean its not possible

Comment

This news sounds great but one question: Can I create my UIs using Scaleform without the need for any expensive programs ? (Sorry I have zero experience in such things)
        If yes, would I be allowed to use them in a commercial game ?

Comment

http://osflash.org/open_source_flash_projects

You can try, but make sure you read the licenses agreement of the programs.

Comment

Originally posted by tyrone70 View Post
            but make sure you read the licenses agreement of the programs.
            Why? If it's true Open Source it does not limit the use of the programs.

Comment

To make sure it's true Open Source...

Comment

*lmao*

*rofl*

Comment

Also to make sure it's not an "infectious" open source license.

Comment

Originally posted by Psilocybe View Post
                    Also to make sure it's not an "infectious" open source license.
                    The FUD about Open Source/Free Software does not apply at all to usage of said software. Only EULAs put out by companies like Adobe and Microsoft limit actual usage of the software. (the EU is for "End User", Open Source/Free Software never addresses the end user, only distributers and developers).

Rule #1 in the Open Source/Free Software mind: users of the software should not be limited to using the software at all.

ps, the usual "infectious" bull**** is targeted at the GPL which requires any software that uses that GPL code to be also GPL licensed, and anything using a GPL library to be GPL compliant. If you don't like it? fine, then don't use that software in you programs. This really isn't any more different from a license put forth by a propriety vendor.

Comment

Right, I was referring to the GPL. Most people don't bother looking at licensing things, though, if it says "Open Souce" on it. But you're right, it wouldn't matter for things like flash content created with an open source app, since it's not a derivative of the code base.

Comment

IF something is licensed under the GPL you may use it for any purpose(commercial and non-commercial). You are just not allowed to sell the program itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Phylik View Post
                          IF something is licensed under the GPL you may use it for any purpose(commercial and non-commercial). You are just not allowed to sell the program itself.
                          There's no reason why you can't sell a program licensed under the GPL.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Evil View Post
                            There's no reason why you can't sell a program licensed under the GPL.
                            Errrmmm.......

You are right

But there was something..... Was it that you must publish the source code ?

Comment

Originally posted by Phylik View Post
                              Errrmmm.......

You are right

But there was something..... Was it that you must publish the source code ?
                              Only if you've modified or derived from GPL'd source code. If you're simply using the GPL'd program/library, then no, you don't need to publish source code.

Comment

I hope its released tomorrow cuz Lost Series finally plus UDK Scaleform......Wonderful night

Comment

Working...
                                X