Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transparency material issue with interior of model

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Transparency material issue with interior of model

    Hi,

    I've made a door in 3ds max and assigned certain faces with an ID and applied a multi-sub object so I can apply different materials to the faces.
    Now for the door, I had the windows on both sides assigned with a transparent material, so I can see "through" the door at the scene, however it is also transparent for the interior of the door, which the pic will make more clear of the issue.


    Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

    This is also how my material is set up:



    Thanks!

    #2
    So you apply your transparent window materials and then the piece between the two windows also becomes transparent? I have nps like this with my door windows or anything else and I'm using Blender, and occasionally Maya. Maybe you're getting too complex in Max...? Or maybe your normals are flipped on the faces between the two windows?
    Making a door/window like that, I wouldn't use 2 transparent materials with a space between them. I'd only use 1 2sided material - 1 window. You doing that too would alleviate the problem you've somehow made.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Snipe34 View Post
      So you apply your transparent window materials and then the piece between the two windows also becomes transparent? I have nps like this with my door windows or anything else and I'm using Blender, and occasionally Maya. Maybe you're getting too complex in Max...? Or maybe your normals are flipped on the faces between the two windows?
      Making a door/window like that, I wouldn't use 2 transparent materials with a space between them. I'd only use 1 2sided material - 1 window. You doing that too would alleviate the problem you've somehow made.
      Just figured it out now, thanks man.

      What I did was the space between the the windows was using the brown texture for the door, however what you said about two sided material made me think if the other side of that surface wasnt being textured, so I enabled that material to be two sided and the space is now filled now, so I guess the faces werent being textured where they were viewable from outside.
      Thanks again for the help!

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by LAA View Post
        so I enabled that material to be two sided
        How did you do this, in 3D app or UDK?

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by frankit View Post
          How did you do this, in 3D app or UDK?
          Hi,

          Yeah in UDK, there should be an option that says Two Sided and you can just tick the box. In the picture above actually you can see the option.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by LAA View Post
            Hi,

            Yeah in UDK, there should be an option that says Two Sided and you can just tick the box. In the picture above actually you can see the option.
            Cool! Cheers! I was wondering if it would override one-way transparent meshes, but no joy...

            Comment

            Working...
            X