UDK/Blender adding unwanted material channel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UDK/Blender adding unwanted material channel

I am trying to import a mesh I made a while back to use as a ghost in my game. The mesh originally had several material channels on it for stuff like hair and clothing but since the ghost is only going to use a single material I deleted them all in blender. I then exported it to fbx and imported into UDK. In udk it is showing up with an extra material channel that I DO NOT WANT and should not exist.

I have created and imported literally hundreds of meshes this way without having any problems, so the only variable I can think of is deleting the previous material channels. Whats weird is that the faces selected by the channel were never part of their own channel. I have tried checking the raw model in blender to make sure there are no extra faces or I have something set to hidden and there is nothing there. even if it was I can clearly see that there is exactly one material channel so it should not be importing with two. I even tried creating a blank 0 alpha material to try and mask it but since the ghost is translucent it still shows up.

Has anyone ever seen this before? Any ideas on how to get rid of it?

Pictures below:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Blender.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	3254053

Name:	InGame.jpg
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	3254054

Name:	UDKSettings.jpg
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	3254055

I take it I am the only one seeing this then? Any clues on how I might clean the model in blender somehow? I am willing to bet the issue is somewhere in blender or the export but I have yet to find anything that works.

I borrowed another model from my brother with a lot of material channels and after deleting the channels and importing to udk it had the same problem. I am convinced that something is getting confused with the deleting of materials but in blender it looks like its clean.

Comment

I havent used blender so i will sspeak from maya perspective.In order to have one channel the model will have to have one shader applyed to it maya.If for example you have applyed 2 laberts to diffrent faces of the model it will have 2 channels.So in your case it is somehow remembering the old channels even if you have one shader applyed and than exporting.Probably its a problem with the fbx plugin that blender has or there is a solution in blender/deleting history.The best thing to do is to export the model in a obj form blender>import in blender>export as a fbx or export the model from blender as a obj/fbx>import in another 3d program if you have any and than export it from the slected software back to blender and from blender >as a final fbx for udk.That way history shoud be cleared from the problematic model.

Comment

I don't use blender either,but smoothing groups can create extra verts on import.when you deleted material ids,could that effect it?

Comment

Working...
        X