Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add Clothes To My Scheletal Meshes

hi guys ,
    my problem is that i have my scheletal meshes from guns and characters i open them with 3dsmax they show with all the things like wood for a gun or clothes on characters but when i import them to udk i only have the scheletal mesh without anything. i import all the materials and they show on udk so how can i add them to the mesh and keep them on it ?
    tks in advance

you assign the materials in the skeletalmesh editor.you create the materials by right clicking in the content browser window.open the material and assign the impoted textures.

hope i understood the question correctly.

Comment

let me explain better sorry. i have a gun and it haves wood as a texture , i have the gun loading when udk opens after i go to import and i import that texture and all the others needed but when i open the mesh nothing shows. if i use the gun on my game it shows without textures. the same applies to the character meshes , i open them with 3ds and i do the rigging all ok then i import them to udk and no clothes appear again i import all the materials and nothing shows either when i open the mesh or i use it on the game.
      you are saying to go to content browser import all the textures and right click on it to assign it to the mesh ? if so can you tell me whats the option to assign it to my mesh because i didnt found it or im searching on the wrong menu

Comment

im sorry but by by scheletalmesh editor you mean 3ds\maya ou you mean theres a scheletal mesh editor on udk. im sorry for the question but my mesh always opens on the anime set viewer. on that i can see mesh\scheletalmesh\materials and 5 to add but none of my materials are acepted

problem solved i just forgot to creat another material with every thing i had now that i did it i can choose what i want. tks anyway gaz

Comment

Working...
        X